Tips keep moving.....

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My exhaust tips keep moving on me, I'm goin to try to use heavy duty exhaust clamps, what size clamps do I need 2 1/4?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not unusual for side exhaust tips to move towards the rear of the opening when hot due to metal expansion. Will move back to the front when cool.

Tip is to mount them close to the front of the opening when cold, so no damage is done when they heat up.

OP
OP
W

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how are they moving ? which direction ?
They are moving down, I installed the mopar exhaust a few weeks ago and have had to adjust 4 times due to moving down...I think I need better clamps, what size is stock pipe?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should consider tack welding it. Clamps aren't going to do it. I have the corsa setup and have had mine tacked several times and just recently the drivers side dropped. Must be the 5th time. Pain in the butt!

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Nader. do the following

1. heat up the exhaust very HOT! Verify the tips at full heat wont burn side sills
2. If you like the placement leave the side sill off and drive to any muffler shop and have them put a couple tack welds at the slip fit connection and leave the clamp on.

Unless you have the motor mounts changed out the engine just flexis too much causing small rotations at that joint. Just my .02 Good Luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang