Tire Balancing Question and powder coating

kenbrackins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. Just bought my PSS tires but having trouble finding anyone with a balancing machine with the hood wide enough to balance the big fat beautiful rears. I am in Tampa. Anyone give me a suggestion?? Also have some curb rash on two rims and have decided to powder coat them black. I have heard of a clear coat on the rims that may interfere with the powder coating. Please advise. Thanks so much.

F

FrgMstr

Any Discount Tire here in Texas has the proper equipment to balance 345 wide tires. Awful lot of performance cars in Florida, just call around.

Any good powder coater is going to blast the clear coat before PCing the wheels. The bigger issue you really have is getting the wheels repaired before you PC those. Do a search on Google for wheel repair in your area. There are plenty of places that do that as well. For those guys to do a repair, most likely they will have to remove the clear coat anyway. The guys that fixed the curb rash will also go back and make sure the wheel is in round and straight as well. At least these have been my experiences...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960