Tire pressure in gen 4.

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep getting a pressure sensor light......the pressure recommended on door sticker is 29PSI cold though tire says 51 PSI max.Seems like a big spread and was surprised at the recommended 29PSI cold.Think I have a bad pressure sensor but what do other owners run?How hard is it to replace the sensor?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
run 29 cold front and rear, those sensors have batteries in them that go bad, order a new one from dodge and have them install it in the wheel. no biggy- i replace all 4 at once,but you dont have to

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird....called Woodhouse....they don't show a battery.....only the sensor at 103 bucks.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes you cant buy the battery, they are internal non replaceable. you buy the whole sensor, correct

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you dont want to go through the dealer programming hassle, you should be e-mailing us :)

OE sensors need to be programmed by the dealer. We can "mimic" your bad sensor if you can get us the sensor(s) and/or codes, without the need for the dealer.

F

FrgMstr

Throw the TPS idiot lighter away and get a pressure gauge and put it in your console and check your tires when you gas up.

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which ive been doing....actually it has probably made me more vigilant in checking.Got me motivated to stay on top of other vehicles too

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes...for what it's worth, Herb Helbig, the Viper Grailkeeper, told me that 29 psi cold is correct. That's what I am running on the new Michelin Pilot Super Sports I installed last summer.
run 29 cold front and rear, those sensors have batteries in them that go bad, order a new one from dodge and have them install it in the wheel. no biggy- i replace all 4 at once,but you dont have to

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my Gen IV at the dealer 3 or 4 times trying to get those darn things fixed. Finally got it done correctly, right before I sold it :smirk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang