Tire pressure

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a new owner.about 3 months now! I have a 05 vert. It says 29 #'s on the door. What do you recomend for tire pressure? That is for street driving, I have Motons on it also. :headbang:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a new owner.about 3 months now! I have a 05 vert. It says 29 #'s on the door. What do you recommend for tire pressure? That is for street driving, I have Motons on it also. :headbang:

The numbers below are for a stock viper with stock springa and shocks.

MICHELIN RUN FLATS

PSI = STREET TRACK
FRONT = 30 PSI 32 PSI
REAR = 30 PSI 32 PSI

MICHELIN NON RUN FLATS PILOT SPORTS

FRONT = 33 PSI
REAR = 29 PSI

I hope this helps,

Robbie

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you running stock run flats? When I had my run flats on my 2006 coupe I was at Robbies pressure.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have genIII size wheels/tires on my GenI (non-run flats), should I really be running 33 front 29 rear? I know the 35psi on the car door is wrong and was told to run 30 front and rear...

thoughts?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You should be fine with 29 all the way around, even 30 or 31 depending on your personal driving style. Usually the 4 to 5 lb gap ( more up front ) is good for on track ( road course or autocross ) as it will relieve a bit of the push you get with the 275s.

Have fun and hope this helps a bit?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
snampro...the " 35psi on the car door is wrong " ..."yes and no"...when your car was delivered it was shod with the early tires (XGT'S) which required 35 psi as stated...ALL other editions of Vipers (various evolutions of Michelin Pilots ...Mxx3's to the current run-flats) call for an inflation pressure of 29psi. History lesson over...adjust them to YOUR needs as Mr. Pemberton suggests. Happy Holidays!!!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
29 psi cold all the way around works pretty well on the street, as posted in the GEN III car doors.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the feedback, I knew the history because I drove the car with 35psi for a few months until someone made a comment about it. the car is very squirly with pilot sports at 35psi.

I've been running 30 on the street, I'll try 29 all around and see how that feels...

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below is my question and SRT engineers answer about this subject for track events.

There have been recommendations by some on the SRT10 forums that inflating the stock run-flats to 33-34 psi would maximize the footprint, and that lower pressure than this will load the sidewalls more than the center of the tire. Have you done any testing with run-flat tire pressures that substantiates this claim? What pressures would you recommend for track events?
x We have done all our track proveouts at 29psi cold. The PS1 runflats are STIFF, and not as sensitive to pressure as a regular tire. That said, your alignment, ambient conditions, and driving style have a large effect on tire temperature and wear. For track events, shoot for 38-39psi hot. Let them cool down out of the sun for at least 4 hours and use that cold pressure as your starting point for the next track event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather