Tire pressures for ps2's

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the stock sizes on my 01 gts.275/35/18 and 335/30 18.My alignment is more agressive than stock but not wild.Frt 0 toe with 3/4 deg neg camber.rear minimal toe with 1/2 deg neg camber.Car tracks great and has less understeer at 29 lbs all around.Recommendations to try on the street and limited road course use. Thanks GTS Bruce

Reaction score
To maximize grip a specific course and conditions(temperature of road surface, ambient, tire temperature, etc. ) must be fixed. Then measure the the tire temperature across the tire and use that to make pressure adjustments to make the temps the same across the tire. For street(60-100 deg. F ambient, ) use, I tend to run higher pressures 32-35 psi.

On the track tire temperature is the best way to make adjustments to the set-up(Alignment) and PSI.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the "factory" recommended pressure for street use?

I am assuming you have a SRT-10 Viper.

Factory pressures are 29 front and rear with zero pressure run flats.
I found that running 32 all around with zero pressure run flats worked best.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke suggested running 33 front and 29 rear on my non run flat Michelin PS tires.
I found that running 34 front and 30 rear on my non run flat PS tires worked best.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would try the same with the PS 2's

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am assuming you have a SRT-10 Viper.

Factory pressures are 29 front and rear with zero pressure run flats.
I found that running 32 all around with zero pressure run flats worked best.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luke suggested running 33 front and 29 rear on my non run flat Michelin PS tires.
I found that running 34 front and 30 rear on my non run flat PS tires worked best.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would try the same with the PS 2's

This thread I think was for 18" and judging by CitySnakes avatar he has a RT not a SRT. So his tire pressures will probably be a little more then that of the runflats.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread I think was for 18" and judging by CitySnakes avatar he has a RT not a SRT. So his tire pressures will probably be a little more then that of the runflats.
Well, I'm sure everyone would like to be certain of the correct info, but Mike's correct. I'm interested (as is the thread's author) in the Gen 2 18" tire size pressures.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry City Snake, I did not look at your picture to see what you were driving but was just going by the post which is why I said "I am assuming you have a SRT-10 Viper" I hope the info is of use to you SRT guys.

Robbie

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry City Snake, I did not look at your picture to see what you were driving but was just going by the post which is why I said "I am assuming you have a SRT-10 Viper" I hope the info is of use to you SRT guys.

Robbie
No problem at all Robbie.

So where's Master Luke when we need him???

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
CAREFUL GUYS !!! THE ORIGINAL POST LISTED SOME Nominally aggressive alignment specs, Gen 2, not OE at all. And he was asking for street to cold TRACK pressures. Are we sure what / who LUKE was replying to? YIKES !!! 29-all is great for street ride and handling PS2 .

With FLAT-FOOTED OE ALIGNMENT Luke is a good AUTOCROSS handling call in PS2 18" Gen 1-2, but NOT for SRT10. I would be 32F-32R for starters on PS2 SRT10. Maybe 32-30.

As FRED SAYS with that mild track alignement on the G2 as originally posted, you are riding up front and rear on more of the inside shoulders. 36 would be too high for you...start at 30 and TAKE TEMPS...

29-29 for STREET Gen 1-2.

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarity Jon!

CAREFUL GUYS !!! THE ORIGINAL POST LISTED SOME Nominally aggressive alignment specs, Gen 2, not OE at all. And he was asking for street to cold TRACK pressures. Are we sure what / who LUKE was replying to? YIKES !!! 29-all is great for street ride and handling PS2 .

With FLAT-FOOTED OE ALIGNMENT Luke is a good AUTOCROSS handling call in PS2 18" Gen 1-2, but NOT for SRT10. I would be 32F-32R for starters on PS2 SRT10. Maybe 32-30.

As FRED SAYS with that mild track alignement on the G2 as originally posted, you are riding up front and rear on more of the inside shoulders. 36 would be too high for you...start at 30 and TAKE TEMPS...

29-29 for STREET Gen 1-2.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ditto to what Jon says. Start your PS2's with 32 cold all around and adjust from there.

Dan

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer is...I started with 29 all around.The rears were perfect the fronts warmer to the left side(mostly right turns).I think 31 front and 29 rear just might do it .BTW handling is far superior to stock.Still a little push.I wanted to try it at normal street pressures. with the normal seat belts.Wearing the 3 point was a hugh mistake.I tired quickly from bracing my left knee,leg,hip.shoulder,arm against the left side interior of the car.Many sore spots the next day.Never again.Neck did not have any problems and yes I was helmeted.Sticky gloves worn and of course are mandatory unless you have the the grip of vise grips. GTS Bruce

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys push the car on the track and you start at 29 make sure you bleed down the tire to 36-37 pounds after each session.The tires will heat up fast if you push the car