Tire time, what to do, what to do.

F

FrgMstr

Posted this in another thread, but certainly worth the read on the NT05 by folks using those in this forum.

I had decided to use the same setup on my '08, (NT05 front NT05R back) but changed my mind after talking with the guys out in the bay at Discount Tire and a couple of guys that had run the radials. Had one tell me to not expect to get 5000 miles out of those (NT05R) if I left the tires on the car full time. Had another guy tell me I would be lucky to get 3000 miles out of those NT05R tires. Another guy told me that he would not use those for street driving and that those had a tendency to pull on a road (tramlining), as opposed to the track. Got that same story from one Viper driver as well. One guy at Discount told me that every set that he had installed were not left on for road use. Your mileage may vary, but I thought I would share my thoughts with you as I have been looking at this for a couple of month and talking to folks about it. Those NT05R tires do hook up well though in a straight line on high horsepower cars.

I decided to pull back and put the 335 NT05 on back along with the 295 NT05 up front. Would have done the Kumho XS again if the sizes were available.

Here is a GREAT write-up on a Gen III/IV with NT05s.

Good thread here with feedback on drag radial handling as well.

These NT05 tires do not look bad either. Very much the same look at the 345 Kumho XS and about the same size as the 345 too.

You must be registered for see images

Crappy picture of mine with the NT05. But those do look good IMO.

You must be registered for see images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine