To Justify by Budgeting

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Okay guys here's the deal. I'm still trying to cost justify getting me a 96ish RT but I have one question that has been bugging me. (Guestimating)About how much a year can I expect to pay in work on this car when averaging about 7-10k miles a year NOT including oil and other routine work?

I know lemons and gems appear in all makes/models but because of severe money constraints I'll need to plan a budget accordingly. I figure it’ll be loosely stored during the salty road months but driven often during the bikini season.

Oh and if anyone knows of someone selling a good RT (prefer black silver or green but this beggar won't be choosy) for 30-35K or wrecked 10-15 please let me know. I'm hoping to buy this spring but more likely will be forced to wait until fall so there is no rush.

As always any help would be appreciated.
BjB

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
40K miles on my 98 RT/10 and the only maintenance has be welding a leak in the oil cooler. $25 for the tig welder. Did the rest of the work myself.

30K miles on my 97 GTS. Former Viper Racing School car with many, many hard driven track miles. Normal maintenance except I will need to take it in to find out why the door buttons stopped working. Hit the drag races with it last night.