To stripe or not to stripe....

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definately something i like. The graphite, black, and gts blue all look good imo. The more I look at graphite, the more its winning me over though. I have been doing reading on installing vinyl around the fascia and i guess some say it is possible. Thats the only thing i dont like about the pre cut one. It looks like the stripes are gapped more to avoid the center of the fascia.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the front vinyl stripes won't go up on the vertical bar. At leas not if you do a precut kit. Also, the way they form around the hood is a little different than you show.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definately something i like. The graphite, black, and gts blue all look good imo. The more I look at graphite, the more its winning me over though. I have been doing reading on installing vinyl around the fascia and i guess some say it is possible. Thats the only thing i dont like about the pre cut one. It looks like the stripes are gapped more to avoid the center of the fascia.

and I would want a little extra vinyl for 'mistakes' and future use if you want to freshen something up.

there's a guy in the IL VCA club that had snakeskin stripes, they were very subtle, you had to walk up to his Viper to see them, they were just amazing!

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the front vinyl stripes won't go up on the vertical bar. At leas not if you do a precut kit. Also, the way they form around the hood is a little different than you show.

Yup, im looking for a thin vinyl right now that can be formed with a blow dryer around the fascia. Stripes dont look like when they are gapped.

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I would want a little extra vinyl for 'mistakes' and future use if you want to freshen something up.

there's a guy in the IL VCA club that had snakeskin stripes, they were very subtle, you had to walk up to his Viper to see them, they were just amazing!

That does sound like an awesome car. did he have the stripes through the center bar or did he gap them to avoid all that?