TomWelsh where are your drag race numbers driving Dabn Blacks Car

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe they were only a handfull of 10 sec vipers and only one going 10's with a radial and that was me in a Heffner car. I will say this though, George Brice running 10.2 with no power adder and regular exhaust was the most impressive car I saw by far, he is also one helluva driver and nice guy, he could have easily went deep into the 9's with a shot of juice, but I hope he doesn't spray it, it is DEFINATELY the fastest naturaly aspirated v10 viper in the country period.Dan's car ran ok, and Doug Levin driving it ran a 1.61 60' with a radial and if that doesn't put you in the 10's I don't know what will, definately not a different driver at that track.I saw 5 supercharged cars running at voi and 3 of those cars did not run 10's with slicks.The track conditions were certainly not even close to englishtown slipping and sliding were the norm.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Bad,
Once again, you are incorrect(not to mention not being able to even spell my name right!). Dan was running his purner tires on Wednesday. I would have loved to have driven his car. Doug was the only person other than Dan to drive it to my knowledge, and I would have gladly done so if given the chance. The event was rushed and then rained out, there was no time for me to drive his car. Where were you?

There were alot of people there, Joe, but amazingly as usual, you are hiding again. You missed some great conversation about how you got OUTRUN in Englishtown after bugging the Saunders to race you! I was suprized at how many people were talking about it. In seeing the way you continually rant and post, I believe every word of what these folks said! Take your whippin like a man boy! Next time you come across one of my customers(or anyone else with a fast viper) at the track remember this.....don't bring a knife to a gunfight!

Tom Http://btrviper.com

P.S. for those who don't know about this, 1bad-Joe, hounded another Viper owner to race him, motor for motor at a recent race in NJ. The viper owner, who also happens to be a customer of mine, was there to race(he is also in the unlimited class at VOI and has not been eliminated). He had purners and nitrous and was running mid 10's in another class, which he eventually won. Joe, could not help himself and continuously bugged Mr. Saunders to race. Saunders eventually accepted the challenge and devistated Joe even without nitrous. So Joe, i suggest if you cant generate a 140 mph + timeslip or afford a better set of tires, then leave those of us who are faster than you alone.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

Was it actually YOU that raced him? You said in one of your other posts that it was someone else (Evan?) that was driving your car.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

I really don't mean to sound rude here, but can I just make an observation?

You seem hell-bent on having the biggest, the fastest, the best. Does it really matter? I mean, who here on the board will really care whether some track official at Englishtown confirms that Tom's customer refused to race you tire for tire? It all seems a bit obsessive. When I posted that I ran 11.68, you appeared to really go nuts until you "proved" that I did not run a competitive time to Evan.

Why all the energy expended on being right, and being best, and being fastest?

Seriously. I drag race because it's fun, and I enjoy pushing my car to do the best it can do. Sort of a Zen thing I guess... me and the car as one and I make it do things that other people can't - I guess it makes *me* feel good to know I can run with the fastest guys. Tom races because he enjoys it (as far as I have seen), and he shares his knowledge and experience by selling stuff to let other guys run fast too. Why the need to fight everyone and every statement to the bitter end until they either give up or you prove you are right?

Joe, you sound like you're about to have a heart attack there bud. I don't mean this to sound sarcastic in any way, I just mean I wouldn't want to see someone else getting genuinely upset over this whole situation.

Are you coming to New England Dragway on 10/13? I hope so. We'll go grab a beer and shoot the $hit... it's just a car board. We all have real jobs right? This is just supposed to be a diversion, and a past-time.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
If his customer HAD AGREED TO go tire for tire and won i would be the first to ADMIT he beat me apples to apples.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all, I don't believe this statement for one second. You would have found something else to use to claim it's not fair and how you two weren't on equal footing, or how your higher MPH actually won the race. In the other thread you said that MPH is all very well and good but ET is what gets the win. But when you got beat by a guy with lower MPH but better ET, it was all excuses.

Second of all, how can you talk about "HE BEAT ME". Joe, YOU WEREN'T DRIVING. He didn't beat YOU, he beat whoever was driving. And it wasn't TOM you were racing, it was one of his CUSTOMERS.

I really don't understand this one bit. Tom sells some parts to some guy. That guy races some other guy that was driving your car at some track over 1,000 miles away from Tom. Then you get on the Viper board and proclaim that Tom never beat YOU. From what I understand, YOU weren't racing, and neither was Tom!

Joe, you need to get out and chill out. Does it really matter who ran quickest? You're like that mean angry gorilla at the zoo. We all love poking you with the stick to watch you start berzerking and tossing your $hit around, but when it comes right down to it, everyone else (but you) is just trying to have a little fun.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

Thanks for the clarification about driving your car at VOI. There is no doubt about its power and the fact that the track conditions were not as good as NED as Doug made a substantially better 60' time than Evan but suffered downtrack due to conditions. You have a very powerfull and great looking ride, its a shame that Joe drags your efforts down with him. I would have loved to have driven it.

As for my customer who whipped Joe, Its the Saunders. They are racers.. road racers, drag racers, street racers...not talkers. They were not beaten at the VOI drags and surely would have continued through eliminations if it weren't for inclimate weather. They showed up at the NED race to race the fastest class and had tires mounted for that event. They did not have street tires. It is amazing that Joe even thought that he was in the same league. He wasn't that day and still is not to this day, regardless of who drives his car.

What amazes me is how Joe, who has to have everything stacked in his favor, even considered harrasing my customer into racing him considering the advantage had by tires. I just don't understand why Joe continued to taunt them into racing a car that wasn't even in their class at that event. Amazing. The whole darn thing was JOES idea!

Joe, anytime you want to bring your circus down to Florida, we'd love to have our way with you. You have been beat by BTR at your track and have had the opportunity to come to the mutual VOI drags but did not show, its your turn to do something other than TALK.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

P.S. Joe, I'm willing to let this whipping be a closed issue, if you are willing to quit haggling everyone about your great 11 second car and driver, folks including myself are really gettig tired of reading about all of this crap. The choice is yours.