Took a Viper South

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week, my son and I took one of the Vipers south to our home near Sarasota. We left our home in Maryland (pic below) at 7 AM, and arrived at our house in Cortez (near Anna Maria Island) just before midnight. My trailer performed flawlessly for the whole 1100 miles, and we were able to run at 70-75 most of the way (except for the torrential rains we hit in Georgia). I can't say enough about how happy I am with this car hauler, because I've had several, and this one is by far the best. The car will be there for the Winter, and I am going to try to be down there at least 1 week a month through March. It will be in the Sarasota car show on Sunday November 4th. Looking forward to meeting some Central Florida members during my stays there.

IMG_0429.JPG

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! Someday I will have a home in FL to enjoy my Viper all year round! Until then stuck just modding the car during the Winter. Love that VOI White!! d

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus, might catch you down there I am trailering down my White ACR from NY next month sometime but I live in Miami. If you ever make a trip across the orange groves drop me a pm.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus, might catch you down there I am trailering down my White ACR from NY next month sometime but I live in Miami. If you ever make a trip across the orange groves drop me a pm.

Will do.

What kind of trailer is that if you don't me asking?

The car hauler is an 18' aluminum trailer made by R&R Trailers out of the Kalamazoo Michigan area. The ramps are stowed in front so they double as a rock guard. The ramps I have are custom in that they are extra wide and extra long, and as such, I have no problem getting my lowered FE on it (with a couple of 1 X 6 boards, about 4 foot long to act as helpers). The white one which is stock ride height goes up with no problem, and no helpers. I also have a 10,000lb remote control winch on it, as well as a spare. The rig with a Viper on it, keeps the camera phones from passer-bys pretty active. This was causing me a little problem on the trip down I95 because the gawkers tended to hang in my blind spot, and sometimes were hard to see.

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car hauler is an 18' aluminum trailer made by R&R Trailers out of the Kalamazoo Michigan area. The ramps are stowed in front so they double as a rock guard. The ramps I have are custom in that they are extra wide and extra long, and as such, I have no problem getting my lowered FE on it (with a couple of 1 X 6 boards, about 4 foot long to act as helpers). The white one which is stock ride height goes up with no problem, and no helpers. I also have a 10,000lb remote control winch on it, as well as a spare. The rig with a Viper on it, keeps the camera phones from passer-bys pretty active. This was causing me a little problem on the trip down I95 because the gawkers tended to hang in my blind spot, and sometimes were hard to see.

The ramps doubles as a stone guard. Pretty cool idea.

Last edited:

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It will be in the Sarasota car show on Sunday November 4th"
Can you elaborate on this? where exactly will the show be held? very familiar with Sarasota and the surrounding areas. I would love to attend this show.
mopars or mixed etc. ? thx

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got back from a week at Fort Myers Beach last week. Step out of the room and right onto the beach. My wife is ready to pack up and head down there for good now. I thought there was supposed to be all sorts of great deals on house but I didn't see much.:dunno:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It will be in the Sarasota car show on Sunday November 4th"
Can you elaborate on this? where exactly will the show be held? very familiar with Sarasota and the surrounding areas. I would love to attend this show.
mopars or mixed etc. ? thx

To be more clear, I probably should have said the SECA Car Show in Sarasota. It will be at Laurent Place off of Hyde Park Street, which is between Rt 41 and Osprey.
Here's the link: http://www.thelifeofrileyfoundation.org/

Friday night we have a kickoff cocktail party at the Sarasota Classic Car museum, and all proceeds for this party and the car show go to fight pediatric brain tumors, and to support the families involved. One of my neighbors in Florida, has a couple of cars on display at the museum, and he is the one that got me involved.

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun! Someday I will have a home in FL to enjoy my Viper all year round! Until then stuck just modding the car during the Winter. Love that VOI White!! d

thats why i moved here, lived in chicago 32 years, that was enough. moved to Orlando area 1.5 years ago i will never go back to the midwest.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats why i moved here, lived in chicago 32 years, that was enough. moved to Orlando area 1.5 years ago i will never go back to the midwest.
Orlando's definitely a fun city (we have a condo there & try to go 2-3 times a year). There's so much to do, for kids & Grown-Up's (Always something going on)! MoparBoyy, I can imagine how you felt from living in Chi-Town all those years & then moving down to Orlando (had to feel like a different world, not to mention a culture shock)! jmo

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GUS very nice viper white with blue stripes just outstanding!