Took my GTS to Smog Today

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We used to have that here in Louisville, thank God it got shut down years ago, fingers crossed it will never come back.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in a state where yearly car inspections are not required. But I also spend a lot of time in a state where they are. And I can tell you there is no bigger scam than that yearly inspection.

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yearly car inspections are just a money grab.
Thank god I moved to a state were I don't have to deal with it anymore.
Those of you in CA I feel for you, seems you guys get shafted more than most other states.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here in Vancouver , cars bought new don't need aircare for 7 years. After that ,aircare required every two years.All my older cars with FI passed aircare with flying colours ,so yes it is a money grab :rolleyes:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gota deal with it every year. *****...

Wow your in Fresno/Clovis area as well, I've never seen that car around...

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
crybabies:baby: Inspection is there for a reason. ...or 2: Safety & Emissions

The general population is is lazy and/or ignorant when it comes to the maintenance of there vehicle. They simply cant be trusted to to maintain the basics on their vehicles that are important to everyones safety on the road such as Lights, Signals, Tiretread. Im glad to see that some states are now checking tire pressures as i can stand looking at all the underinflated tires(especially in the wintertime) on the road that are robbing people of fuel mileage.

Sure, I and some of you take top care of are vehicles but there is nothing we can do but wait inline with everyone else for the OK and be thankful for all the schmucks that are caught with something that might have caused them to get into an accident with us down the road. (or keep us from getting stuck behind a stinky smoking/puking ****** in traffic:))

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MA is every year, but a crisp $20 in the hands of the inspector takes care of most problems (but i would never do that :smirk:) :2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a money grab plain and simple. Anyone else who thinks otherwise is a "******"! Government is out of control in this country. While some people can't wipe their own a$$ and this is true, the majority of the population is more than capable of taking care of themselves.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to call major BS here as well. This is a scammer's delight. Most people with newer cars have them on some kind of maintenance schedule with Oil Changers, the dealer, or the like anyway. When was the last time you saw something fairly new being diver like a ******? Here in the Bay Area the junkers I see are usually from the early 80's or late 70's and are on their last leg anyway, and are driven by people with no license, insurance, registration, or even citizenship in some cases. The cops or attrition usually does the pruning. The rest of us are being bled out by a thousand mosquitoes, read taxes and fees. Oh well, driving is a privilege, you know....:rolleyes:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
crybabies:baby: Inspection is there for a reason. ...or 2: Safety & Emissions

The general population is is lazy and/or ignorant when it comes to the maintenance of there vehicle. They simply cant be trusted to to maintain the basics on their vehicles that are important to everyones safety on the road such as Lights, Signals, Tiretread. Im glad to see that some states are now checking tire pressures as i can stand looking at all the underinflated tires(especially in the wintertime) on the road that are robbing people of fuel mileage.

Sure, I and some of you take top care of are vehicles but there is nothing we can do but wait inline with everyone else for the OK and be thankful for all the schmucks that are caught with something that might have caused them to get into an accident with us down the road. (or keep us from getting stuck behind a stinky smoking/puking ****** in traffic:))

Well except in that rare situation (and yes I've gone stuck behind a 1978 oldsmobile barely hanging on puking smoke everywhere) it is BS plain and simple, just legalized stealing. How about do away with SMOG testing and cops write tickets for puke smoking cars :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery