Top Gear TV Show Dropped by Discovery Channel

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Discovery Channel is no longer airing Top Gear.

I'm bummed. Top Gear is easily the most interesting and entertaining car show on television.

Discovery Channel carried a few episodes, but now it's been cancelled.

I sent them an e-mail asking them to bring it back.

If anyone else out there is also disappointed that DC isn't showing Top Gear, you should let them know.

Here's their viewer feedback page:

http://extweb.discovery.com/ViewerRelations

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I requested it be brought back as well.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was an entertaining show with cool cars...who was the mysterious pro driver anyway? He had quite a few cars...good and bad to race on the track. I've sent them an e-mail.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold your horses everyone. I just received this response from Discovery Channel after my tasteful letter.

---------------------

Thank you for contacting Discovery Channel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us regarding Top Gear. Your comments will be forwarded to our program management and executives
and will be taken into consideration.

The "Top Gear" show was not "taken off the air" but rather ran its pattern. It is being revamped for a U.S. audience and will return later this year. Look for it in December.

For more information about schedules and programming, please visit our website at www.discovery.com.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hold your horses everyone. I just received this response from Discovery Channel after my tasteful letter.

---------------------

Thank you for contacting Discovery Channel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us regarding Top Gear. Your comments will be forwarded to our program management and executives

The "Top Gear" show was not "taken off the air" but rather ran its pattern. It is being revamped for a U.S. audience and will return later this year. Look for it in December.

For more information about schedules and programming, please visit our website at www.discovery.com.

Interesting, on another forum, someone got a responce back saying that the show was taken off the channel and that was pretty much that. It seems like every car forum I have gone to the past day or so has a thread or two about the show going off the air. Perhaps enough people wrote in the past day or so to make Discovery think twice.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

---------------------

Interesting, on another forum, someone got a responce back saying that the show was taken off the channel and that was pretty much that. It seems like every car forum I have gone to the past day or so has a thread or two about the show going off the air. Perhaps enough people wrote in the past day or so to make Discovery think twice.

My reply was received from [email protected], so I would consider it legit. Those other boneheads probably sent a moronic letter and got a moronic response. :smirk:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they did film a series for the US, as some of our memebers were part of the audience earlier in the year, they were invited to the filming of the first show

here we are in between series awaiting for a new series to start, but we do get weekly 1/2 hour 'best of' programmes while we wait

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

---------------------

My reply was received from [email protected], so I would consider it legit. Those other boneheads probably sent a moronic letter and got a moronic response. :smirk:

OneRareIdiot, you are a little quick to jump to assumptions knowing what you know of the person that I am speaking of, which is nothing. Turns out that after recieving a message that said the show was dropped, they got the same responce that you got about a day later back from the same person. Sometimes the bonehead is the ***** who is quick to jump on someone's ass when said bonehead doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. I'm glad that the show will be back at least.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that the show is biased against US built cars. The guy seems to just drool over the pasta mobiles. Didn't he say the SRT 10 was junk?
Then again, don't all car show's have there own agenda. He who gives the green get's the nod.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you emailed the first day or so after the show didn't air, you would have recieved:

Thank you for contacting Discovery Networks. We appreciate your inquiry.
Unfortunately, there are no plans to air additional episodes of "Top Gear"
in the immediate future. While this program is currently not scheduled to
be televised, it may be scheduled in the future. Please visit our website
at www.discovery.com and check out All Our TV Schedules for more
information.

We do have other Discovery programming available for purchase. Please
visit our website at www.discovery.com and click on Discovery Store to
browse our selection.

A reply to this message is not necessary. If you have any further
inquiries or comments, please contact us via our webform at
http://extweb.discovery.com/ViewerRelations. Thank you again for
expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,
Barbara
Viewer Relations
Discovery Networks

Several days later, you would have recieved the following email. You would also have recieved the email should have you emailed them several days after the show was off the air:

Thank you for contacting Discovery Channel. We appreciate you taking the
time to share your thoughts and concerns with us regarding “Top Gear.â€�
Your comments will be forwarded to our program management and executives

The "Top Gear" show was not "taken off the air" but rather ran its pattern.
It is being revamped for a U.S. audience and will return later this year.
Look for it in December.

For more information about schedules and programming, please visit our
website at www.discovery.com.

A reply to this message is not necessary. For more information about
schedules and programming check our website, www.discovery.com.

If you have any further inquiries or comments, please contact us via our
webform at http://extweb.discovery.com/ViewerRelations.

Thank you again for expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,
Sarah
Viewer Relations
Discovery Networks

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

---------------------

OneRareIdiot, you are a little quick to jump to assumptions knowing what you know of the person that I am speaking of, which is nothing. Turns out that after recieving a message that said the show was dropped, they got the same responce that you got about a day later back from the same person. Sometimes the bonehead is the ***** who is quick to jump on someone's ass when said bonehead doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. I'm glad that the show will be back at least.

Jeeze Mak, you're not in therapy are you? OneRare even put a smiley at the end of his no-particular-target statement and you still got all bent and took it personally.

Oh wait, I see...Hollywood. :rolleyes:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still am amazed about the rides they get to thrash on in that show. Regardless of the discussions that show was some real eye candy.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The DP for that show does a great job. I had seen a few clips of the show on the internet but got hooked when I lived in NZ for 6 months. The show was a riot. The US format isn't nearly as good. I'd rather than they just showed the UK shows in their entirety. I don't care if we can't get all of the cars here or not. Watching Clarkson total a vauxhall because he was driving from the back seat using broomsticks and string is priceless.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not this month bro.Work piled up. But very soon. Will you be around in January? I pretty sure that's when I'll be there

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Odds are I'll be in your neck of the woods for new years again. I might have to travel a bit for another project but I'm not sure right now.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The show was OK. The anchors were a bit off, I mean they had the right idea but were wierd about delivery.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the show tonight on the Science Channel, I'm not sure if it was new or not. They showed a few Rinspeed(?) one-off cars, and a VW Golf getting struck by lightning. Has anyone seen that episode?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang