Top Gear (UK) is testing the new Viper

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Not likely to give much in the form of benchmarks. However they might just pass a track and get the trailer park fat stig to do a quick lap. Cant see them passing that up.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I interpret "nighthawk's" response different than you. It can be confusing when he states that "it" is faster than around the ring. When such an ambiguous comment is written, it most frequently references the subject of the sentence. Thus, the Viper is faster than the LFA around the track. The ":)" further servers as attestation.

Edit: Now it looks like I am the one with the snit remark. Either way, we all know that the Gen IV ACR can out corner virtually every non go-kart production car.
Wow! Now I'm impressed with your vocabulary! Must be a lawyer? Anyway, I did get what nighthawks stated. Just didn't like the being impressed comment that somehow the viper is not in the same class machine than the LFA. When in fact that both cars are sportscars and have similar performance numbers without the 200 plus grand it cost to be slower at the ring! The class designation should be by what the manufactur build the car for whether off road truck or high speed super car not what it cost as some people talk about class based on price...ie it cost more so it must be better/faster.....NOT! One thing I know for sure, I'm not in your vocabulary class as I struggle to explain this !:D

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next week we probably won't have to worry about the numbers "leaking."

LOL....

Anyway still no numbers leaking or being outright revealed. I guess the mags were told not to reveal any performance numbers in their initial articles.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top gear is an entertainment show, specializing in having fun with cars. Kind of like the 3 stooges goes to Daytona.

The talent does what the director tells them to do, and the editors make a reality show out of it.

No need to read too much into their banter.

For a car guy, it is one of the most intertaining shows on television. (or iphone, or ipad, or tablet, or computer...)

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a new photo. The Viper is the black one in the distance. Can't wait for the new series to start :D
You must be registered for see images attach

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the Viper and LFA left the Aston way behind lol. Jeremy's comments will be very comical if not interesting..Cant wait.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting choice of cars to compare the Viper to. I guess you had to have an English supercar for the show but people buying an LFA or Aston are not cross shopping with a Viper.
Now, don't me wrong, I am not saying someone would not add the Viper to their collection.
I know it is just a show but I would have picked a Noble 600 for the English side of things.
I love the show and can't wait to watch the new season.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting choice of cars to compare the Viper to. I guess you had to have an English supercar for the show but people buying an LFA or Aston are not cross shopping with a Viper.
Now, don't me wrong, I am not saying someone would not add the Viper to their collection.
I know it is just a show but I would have picked a Noble 600 for the English side of things.
I love the show and can't wait to watch the new season.

This from a guy that cross shopped a Viper with a Benz:omg:

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Jeremy says anything nice about it. Other than the GT, no American car has gotten any good praise from him.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"good car, mad, but good!" that was not praise? go and actually watch season 5, ep 2 if I'm not mistaken.
and I don't agree on the Noble thing.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"good car, mad, but good!" that was not praise? go and actually watch season 5, ep 2 if I'm not mistaken.
and I don't agree on the Noble thing.

He likes vipers. He drove one away from his wedding with his bride. People who say he automatically hates all American cars really don't know the program that well.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He likes vipers. He drove one away from his wedding with his bride. People who say he automatically hates all American cars really don't know the program that well.

exactly this. He has loved the Viper for years and I think he will have some good things to say about the new one. To those who say the show is completely scripted, I have an inside source that says otherwise. Clarkson ,especially, does a lot of stuff ad lib.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched an older episode of Top Gear last night. They went to California picked up an SRT8 Challenger, a CTS-V, and a ZR1. They drove them to the Salt Flats in Utah via Reno. They all loved their cars including Jeremy who was driving the ZR1. Well James hated the CTS-V until they got to US50 in Nevada, then he loved it. Jeremy was gushing over the ZR1. Richard liked the Challenger but it was the slowest in the group.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched an older episode of Top Gear last night. They went to California picked up an SRT8 Challenger, a CTS-V, and a ZR1. They drove them to the Salt Flats in Utah via Reno. They all loved their cars including Jeremy who was driving the ZR1. Well James hated the CTS-V until they got to US50 in Nevada, then he loved it. Jeremy was gushing over the ZR1. Richard liked the Challenger but it was the slowest in the group.
Yeah they enjoyed the salt especially at Nevada!
The way some people say they tottaly rue American cars is stupid.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From someone who compares his viper to a CC for comfort. Really??

It was an observation based on having driven both of those cars a long distance in the past year. What's your point? I suppose I could compare it to an old Cadillac I once drove 900 miles, or perhaps my old GTO, which was a great cruising car. I could also compare it to a friends 430 that I took on a 4 hour drive (Those seats were absolutely horrible for even a short drive). I was speaking purely on seat comfort and support over a long drive. I don't have the desire to dig up all of your inane posts, so go pick a fight with someone else who cares.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are the one picking up the fight and you can't handle the heat.
I have been driving a CC and the seats are far better than any Vipers for the purpose of long range comfort. You should look up the manual on how to adjust them but that may be too difficult for a neanderthal.

It was an observation based on having driven both of those cars a long distance in the past year. What's your point? I suppose I could compare it to an old Cadillac I once drove 900 miles, or perhaps my old GTO, which was a great cruising car. I could also compare it to a friends 430 that I took on a 4 hour drive (Those seats were absolutely horrible for even a short drive). I was speaking purely on seat comfort and support over a long drive. I don't have the desire to dig up all of your inane posts, so go pick a fight with someone else who cares.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its on next sunday in the UK, at 8pm, cool

Episode 2

Series 19 Episode 2 of 7
DURATION: 1 HOUR
The brand new series of the world's most popular car show continues with an epic road trip across the western side of the United States in three front-engined supercars. With Jeremy Clarkson in a Lexus LFA, Richard Hammond driving the new Dodge Viper and James May choosing the latest Aston Martin Vanquish a glorious soundtrack is guaranteed, as are furious arguments about which is best as the trio head from Las Vegas to Los Angeles and on to Palm Springs. Along the way, the three presenters take in racing circuits, airborne attacks and a race against the police before making a break for the Mexican border with a terrifying penalty for the last car to make it. Meanwhile, back in the studio, legendary Fleetwood Mac drummer **** Fleetwood is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car. 

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will surely be the best show of the new season....the preview of them trying to push a giant rugby ball around a track with cars just shows how bankrupt that show is of new ideas. I hope they didn't do something stupid with the cars ...

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will surely be the best show of the new season....the preview of them trying to push a giant rugby ball around a track with cars just shows how bankrupt that show is of new ideas. I hope they didn't do something stupid with the cars ...

I hope they do something VERY stupid with the cars :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4