Totaled SRT-10

sambo32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys, I am a victim of Hurricane Sandy and my viper with my personal belongings was totally submerged under water. I have the Barrett Jackson collector car insurance, called them on Tuesday and had the adjuster here on Thursday. Do you think they are going to give me a hard time on my agreed value amount that I have the viper insured for.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they should give u agreed upon value. whats the buyback for the car btw?? sorry for your loss btw, hope all the fam is ok.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance claims are usually a big scam and the owner comes out on the short end but with agreed value you should have no worries. Be VERY glad that you had agreed value.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance claims are usually a big scam and the owner comes out on the short end but with agreed value you should have no worries. Be VERY glad that you had agreed value.
+1 For Sure! If you're not safe with this, then I don't see how anybody would be! Sorry for your loss but hopefully you & the family are OK! jmo

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the losses. Please copy/paste the VIN# on this site after the insurance goes through, so that some reseller doesn't buy the car and try to sell it as a non-flood car later on. Prospective buyers can search and find the real info here.

Tony

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about your misfortune. :( Hopefully you'll wind up with a better, faster Viper (or other car if you prefer). :)

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just make sure you have ground water flood coverage. I got screwed on that before when I lost a bunch of Inventory during Irene.

No such coverage in an automobile policy.... they all typically cover "flood". Insurance is not a scam, it's a contract, read the contract. If you need any help send me a PM, but you should be OK with agreed value.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's terrible. Glad everyone is ok.
You have a signed contract basically so your fine. It's only when the language is open to interpretation that the insurance companies screw ya.
Hopefully you'll be back in viper soon.
Mike