touch up paint

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I go on a hunt in the morning, would every Dodge dealer have a container of touchup paint...specificaly grafite metalic?

Thanks,
Todd

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I go on a hunt in the morning, would every Dodge dealer have a container of touchup paint...specificaly grafite metalic?

Thanks,
Todd

Maybe if you're lucky they'll have graphite metallic. ;)

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought mine at an auto parts store (Murray's). It's Duplicolor "MC CC 414" "Graphite Metallic for Chrysler".
The spots I touched up weren't very visible to begin with but now you don't see them at all.

The store had about 200 different colors in the display rack. I don't recall exactly what I paid but I think it was around $4.

HTH

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall exactly what I paid but I think it was around $4.

HTH
$4 dollars !!! I think I paid something like $20 from the dealer for authentic Mopar Viper Red paint.

BTW, does anyone know how to get rid of the "bump" when you touch up. I've heard of kits that you can get to lightly sand down the glob of paint and smooth it out to look like it wasn't touched up.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick wipe with enamel reducer, or tape around it and start with some 1200 grit WET

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went on the wild goose chase you describe... finally had to have an automotive paint shop mix up a can. Call the dealership, ask for a reputable automotive paint shop (they should know of one). This shop should have the code and be able to mix up a can for you. It will save the headaches, gas, time, frustration, and only cost you $22.95 for a quart of paint -not just the touch up bottle.

--"BTW, does anyone know how to get rid of the "bump" when you touch up."--

Per the paint shop's reccommendation, I applied it with a Q-tip. It seemed to help some. Basically "turning" the end on the spot, making sure the end of the tip is not too saturated. Avoid all "dabbing" motion.

Good luck!

'02 RT/10 Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had the same question and came across a chip repair kit called Langke (www.langka.com) I bought the stuff, but haven't been able to use it yet as I'm waiting for my touchup paint from my dealer.

I have no first-hand experience with this product, but I did find discussions about it on a number of other car forums. It seems that everyone who used it said really does work.

As I understand it, you 'buff' off the excess touchup paint with some sort of chemical before the touchup completely cures - leaving the touchup paint only inside the chip and flush with the original paint. I'll report on my results whenever I get my paint.

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the P.N. Chuck. Thanks for the application tips also.

God, my spelling is horrible!

Todd

graphite graphite graphite graphite. metallic...metallic...metallic..metallic

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered touch up from PAINT SCRATCH for my blue viper. Perfect match. Got two touch up pens one blue paint the other clear coat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang