Touch-ups

cabinetman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok guys & gals, Can you share with me the secrets, techniques, and products for touching up a couple paint owies on my red 97 coupe? While working on it last week somebody F%&*@ed up, oh yea that would be me. My Bad, Anyway I need to fix a couple very small paint chips, like the size of the tip of a ball-point pen. Any help would be appreciated. Spring is coming,( I Think )
Thanks........Warren

OP
OP
C

cabinetman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where might I find this? certainly not the local auto parts store

OP
OP
C

cabinetman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Will this be a base-coat clear-coat combined or do I dab clear-coat over the touch-up?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where might I find this? certainly not the local auto parts store

I'm not sure what you mean by "Where might I find this?"

If you are referring to the link I posted, that is a repair method, not a material vendor.

Now the article does start with a list of goodies that he uses, but that kind of stuff is typical auto body parts stuff that you should find at auto body paint stores.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order LANGKA at LANGKA Paint Chip and Scratch Repair. this product is fantastic and easy. Just get the touch up paint from your dealer.

Here is the other product recommended on some forums: Dr. ColorChip fool-proof auto touch up paint kit for chip repair on your car- BMW,Porsche,Ford,Honda,Mercedes,Lexus,Toyota- all color codes

I think that your satisfaction with the results of the simpler processes like LANGKA or drcolorchip depends on whether your chips are easily visible on the top surface of a panel. I have used drcolorchip, but low down on the panels; so, it didn't really take much to make the chips disappear from view.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my paint from PaintScratch.com. The color match was really good and the paint pen makes touching up small spots fairly easy. I also used the Langka kit. The paint smoother from Langka really does work. I had a chip near the bottom of my passenger door about the size of a quarter. I applied the paint and then leveled the paint blob with Langka. Looks really good. PaintScratch can also supply you with primer and sealer too. In fact, they have kits that contains everything you need.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used paintscratch.com, as well. The paint pens are awesome and the color-match was perfect. I also bought a can of spraypaint from them (that they will make from your paint code) to use to fix a shoddy job a previous owner did on the front facia right in front of the wheel. I got it along with a can of flex primer.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us a toothpick or match cut on an angle and apply a little paint at a time until you get it slightly above the remaining paint around it. Then knock it down with Langka until it is level. If you screw up remove it all with Langka and start over. Repeat until you have it satisfactory. Patients is a virtue.

In before move to Detailing section...

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting info. :2tu: Now I just need to figure out how to take off the paint chip repairs that I have done (badly) and start at square one using the right method.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting info. :2tu: Now I just need to figure out how to take off the paint chip repairs that I have done (badly) and start at square one using the right method.
Langka will remove the old repairs. I would first try to just level them but if they do not come out right remove them all together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine