Tow hook for an Gen-4 /ACR

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you guys using for a front tow hook for a Gen 4 ACR? Is the Gen 3 the same? Where can I get one? Where do they mount? Need one ASAP.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the removable to hook from Jon B on the front my Gen III. It's the same for yours. The nice part is that the mount stays on the car all the time. You just slide the tow hook itself through the front grill and into the mount and screw in one bolt. Then you're good to go.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to show how easy and convenient it is, I walked out to the garage after my last post and put it on.
Here are the pics of the mount, the tow hook, and then 2 more with the hook installed.

Attachments

• Tow Hook.jpg
    Tow Hook.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Tow Hook Installed 1.jpg
    Tow Hook Installed 1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Tow Hook Installed 2.jpg
    Tow Hook Installed 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Tow Hook Mount.jpg
    Tow Hook Mount.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
S

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this strong enough to use to winch the car up onto a trailer? What does it mount to? Any other types?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty strong. I manufacture tow trucks so I brought one home and pulled the car up on to the bed with the winch to test it out. I can even stand on the tow hook sticking out and jump up and down on it with NO movement.

The mount attaches to a front cross-member on the car.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark at IPSCO designed and makes two versions of that tow hook. One that protrudes out of the front fascia to easily get to and one that is SCCA approved that doesn't protrude. Once the kit is installed (30 minutes), they can be attached and removed in just a few minutes.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one similar to the one pictured above except it's solid. Got the pair, front and rear, from JonB at Partsrack.com. Put mine to the test for the first time at Road America this past weekend. LOL

F

FrgMstr

I've got the removable to hook from Jon B on the front my Gen III. It's the same for yours. The nice part is that the mount stays on the car all the time. You just slide the tow hook itself through the front grill and into the mount and screw in one bolt. Then you're good to go.

Another vote for this unit. I own it and it is rock solid. You could drag the car around all day if you wanted to...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Mark at IPSCO or email as he sent me one quickly and now he has the SCCA correct one that does not stick out beyond the front facia. Easy install and very well made. Black anodized also available. Mark will email you the installation photos too. Bolts right on and even allows you to remove just the hook quickly. Great product and service from him.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have a front tow hook similar to the one pictured above but it attaches with two bolts and doesn't stick our nearly as far as the one pictured. It actually sticks out less than the front splitter extension.

If you get one, be sure that it doesn't stick out that far or you will hit your shin on it and you will be sorry.....

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery