TPMS on 2010 ACR

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idiot light won't go off.
No warning sound, just the light. When car was received the tire pressure was quite low.
Filled them correctly, manual says light should go off after tires re-sense pressure.

Fail. Have to be cleared by dealer or is there a simple way?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine cleared as well and even with the proper pressue light stays in. they most likely need to be replaced.

Bruce

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep same here, but I bought another set of rims with new sensors so not sure warranty will cover.

Bruce

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty will cover it, I would take it to the dealership and wait while they do it. Should be a simple re-sync if they are still working.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates these things (TPMs)?? Battery in device goes dead in the middle of a tire's life... what am I supposed to do, unmount and re-balance the tire (on a $$$ wheel that is easily marred by a tire machine) just to get the stoopid idiot light to turn off? Of course, you can't replace the battery by itself, no!, you must buy a whole new TPM device and then pay a Dodge dealer to have it synched with the car's ECU.

Another safety nanny... HATE 'EM!!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer has a device that plugs in and clears the light after you drive less than a mile from the dealer. I had it done.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
One NEEDS a DRB III to see what is going on and to clear the code. That said, you could stop by a big tire shop, ask them to use the Bartec tool ON THE VALVE STEM itself to see if it is readable ("alive") or not...if dead, it will show. Don't waste your time or $$$ plugging the Bartec into the DLC (OBD II port) as it will NOT link.

You will still need a DRB III to clear code and to program new sensor if one is needed.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a brand new car, I won't be paying for anything hopefully.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates these things (TPMs)??

Nope. One of the more aggravating things about this intrusive government mandated safety feature is that it stems from those wrecks of the SUVs with high profile Firestone tires. There is a huuuuuuge difference between a 4,000lb SUV with a high profile tire and a sports car with less than 4 inches of sidewall. But don't try to tell the government that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456