TPSM

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, dumb question - does the SRT have tire pressure sensor/monitors? or can I slap on a set of new wheels without worry?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's got them. You could leave them off, but the light will always be on. I'm not sure if there's a way to turn it off or not.
When I changed wheels, I just took the ones out my old wheels and put them in the new ones. Granted, I was changing to six spokes, which are still OEM rims, but the TPMS sensor is basically built in to the valve stem, so I don't see why they wouldn't fit into any wheel. I could be wrong on that, but I'm sure out of everyone on here with aftermarket wheels that someone can chime in on the subject.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's got them. You could leave them off, but the light will always be on. I'm not sure if there's a way to turn it off or not.
When I changed wheels, I just took the ones out my old wheels and put them in the new ones. Granted, I was changing to six spokes, which are still OEM rims, but the TPMS sensor is basically built in to the valve stem, so I don't see why they wouldn't fit into any wheel. I could be wrong on that, but I'm sure out of everyone on here with aftermarket wheels that someone can chime in on the subject.

The factory sensors don't work with every aftermarket wheel, but to my knowledge, CCWs should accept the factory sensors:2tu:

I'm assuming he's still interested in SP600s...

OP
OP
S

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exactly. Got a great price on CCW's. Had them on my C6 and I'm leaning in that direction on my SRT. :)

The factory sensors don't work with every aftermarket wheel, but to my knowledge, CCWs should accept the factory sensors:2tu:

I'm assuming he's still interested in SP600s...

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy aftermarket sensors they are 34.00 the brand is AirAware #20028 they work great on the Vipers. the dealer will have to programed them.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same reason I have ABS on my H1, government mandated.

Good luck tryin to lock up these 40 inch tires with my 11 inch discs:rolleyes:

BTW, the mandated ABS made the 4WD system much less effective.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen