Track days and oil changes...

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always assumed that it's better to run infrequent (3-5 per year) road course days on fresh oil, and just leave the stuff in there until the next event comes around. Seems like running with the fresh filter would be a good idea, too.

Or would it be better (for some reason) to run the event with "conditioned" oil, and swap in the new stuff afterward?

<just waiting for the oil freaks to say, "do both!"> :)

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed oil BEFORE events running on the fresh stuff leaving it in until the next one.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed oil BEFORE events running on the fresh stuff leaving it in until the next one.

Ditto.

I run Mobil 1, 15/50
Get it from autozone, $62 out the door+2 filters included.
Napa is running a special all this month too.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have normally only run two weekends per oil change at the most. I would use a Viper oil filter only though, as they were designed for the car and have the strength for the pressure. New filter , new oil , every two weekends at least. I do know folks that do it longer , but then I run pretty hard when at the track.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw this out without creating a new topic... Because my stash of M1 0w50 is finally gone, and I'm unable to find it anymore.... What have most folks switched too? 0W40 and 15W50 seems like the two popular mobil 1 oils, just not really sure which one to go with. I live in Florida if it helps :p