Track Days - Drive Schools In the North West

Looki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all looking to do a driving school in the up coming year. What available in the Pacific North West? I am coming form Vancouver BC area.

Thanks

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a few in Calgary if you're interested.

Here's a big thing about schools (I teach dozens / year), do you want to use your own car or do you want to use a school car?

School cars cost A LOT! If you use your own car there's some risk but we've only had one incident in 20 years of schools (a Corvette guy who continued to do laps with his brake warning light on - it finally caught up with him).

I can hook you up if you're interested.

Schools that use a school car are usually more than $1000 CDN / day.
If you use your own car they're 'about' $500 (I don't own a school I just teach at them). They include a classroom evening, an evening of on track exercises then an evening of lapping 50% of the time (shared track) - roughly $500 / day - with instructor.

Prices are rough guesses but will get you in the ball park.

Greg

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is lots up in your area, and lots more if you are willing to drive south a ways.

Start off with Performance Drivers club: Performance Drivers Club - Home
They have rigid programs and you will learn much before you progress up the steps.

Many drive at events at Mission Raceway, so look at their schedule and you can possibly join another marque's track day.

Further south are both Bremerton Raceway (near Bremerton WA) and Pacific Raceways in Seattle. Pacific Raceways has Pro-Formance for instructors and a day there is around $400 with instruction.

Further south is Portland International Raceway (PIR) and they are set up with instructors as well.

Look up each track (google it) and get the schedules and the costs.

Of course you can always do the SRT Experience, but it never gets much closer than PIR to you.

PM me if you need more data!

PBR

chiurw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have searched the website for driving schools that are solely for Vipers but only found the SRT Track Experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The owner of this website has done a great job of compiling and tracking track days and HPDE events in the Pacific Northwest. Go to the following link and click on the topmost link in the lefthand corner. The nice thing is that the site owner regularly updates the track listing to reflect recent changes ot the schedule. The site also includes links to the club that is running the event:

Focustein's Blog

PS, I also have to do a plug for my local sports car club, Cascade Sports Car Club in Portland, Ore. In my humble opinion, Cascade runs some of the best run school in terms of both on-track instruction and organization as well as classroom instruction if you sign up for that. The Cascade events this season are included in the website as well as links to Cascade's website. The club has several members who have raced at the amateur and professional level and also serve as instructors. As an aside, our very own Jon B of Partsrack is a member and can be seen at our events either with his Viper or actually helping to run the program.

Jon, can you weigh in here? Thanks.

Enjoy your quest for track events and have fun!

/Rich

Last edited:

wicked7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AUDI CLUB NORTHWEST
Check out this track event on may 16 and 17.Well run event and they take all kinds of cars(sensible drivers only).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery