Track Time - Calgary

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As promised, here's some track time at Race City. I received this message from Jay Pringle at Track Techniques.

----------------------------------------------------------
It is the start to the last season at Race City.
I have my first lapping event Tuesday May 10th from 5 to 9pm.
It will set in two groups. One school and one lapping.
If you would like a spot, please RSVP by email.
Spots are limited so please let me know if you can make it.
The cost is the same as last year $210.00 including GST.
Thanks
Jay

Jay Pringle
Track Techniques

Cell 403 703-9387
Facebook Fan Page: Track Techniques Performance Driving School
---------------------------------------------------------------

If you're interested, please give Jay a call on his cell. There're not that many opportunities left. I KNOW that we lose the track in October - no reprieve this time.... The ring road will cut off the north end of the track and the landfill will take the rest.

If you've never been to the track, this won't apply to you. You must have Race City experience. If you don't please let me know and I can set you up in a course. Once you've done the course you're good to go as far as lapping goes.

I know that most of you have done a course through the Annual Calgary Viper Events that I've put together the last couple of years. That course qualifies you for this lapping event.

Greg

Last edited:

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be up for it but i dont think ill have the exhaust done by then. It sure is a pain to do. Pulled the sills off probably 20 times now. Gotta get it perfect.

Have fun at the track.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be at the track - but I will be busy with students.

The forecast is for a very nice evening!

Greg

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron did you book a spot? is there many left? I will be trying to finish a job out of town and would like to go if I get back in time but I won't know until Monday night if it is possible to finish on Tuesday.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called Jay and found out there are no more spots available.:( He is having another session on May 23-Victoria day- if you guys are interested I will book us.:drive:

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
There's an opportunity to join the Ferrari Maserati Piloti Club. It's a track group that's a lot of fun. I put their track events together for them and I happen to know that they'd like a few more members - and they'll take non Ferrari cars into the group. They really are a great bunch of folks.

I'm not sure of the cost but it's a full season thing. I know it's in the neighbourhood of $2k for the whole year. Their events are notably upscale from all other track events that I've seen. They supply food (they're Italians - so it's GREAT FOOD!) with every event and coaching is always available. The cars are awesome too!. I know we'll have 458's, at least one 599 GTO and likely 2 Ferrari Challenge cars. There're also 348's, 355's, 360's, 430's and the odd Corvette, Viper and Porsche out there.

They have 5 events during the season, 2 full days and 3 evenings. Since the group is small there're also fewer cars on the track - so there's lots of room to play.

If you're interested please let me know and I can forward your message to Kairistie - she's co-ordinating everything.

If you're looking for some fun times, this group is an excellent choice. I recommend it.

E-mail me at [email protected] if you want more information.

Greg

Last edited:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my ACR out of 3M shop today so I am ready for track day Monday.:drive:

Are you still planning to go Steve and Grant?:dunno:

HSSSSSS has tranny issues. Chipped gear on main shaft and cluster shaft. Never thought it would go with only 550 HP. It should have gone when it had 720HP. Oh well, it will have a rebuild by the time they do bearings and get all the gears changed out.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my ACR out of 3M shop today so I am ready for track day Monday.:drive:

Are you still planning to go Steve and Grant?:dunno:

HSSSSSS has tranny issues. Chipped gear on main shaft and cluster shaft. Never thought it would go with only 550 HP. It should have gone when it had 720HP. Oh well, it will have a rebuild by the time they do bearings and get all the gears changed out.

Ron,

Is that Monday the 23rd?
Whose track event is that?

Thanks,
Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,
Yes it is Monday.
As far as I know it is just a lapping event with no school from 4:30 to 9 pm. I am on his email list for events.

Jay Pringle I assume.... Good.

I told him I wasn't available on the long weekend. That's likely why he took me off the e-mail list.

Cool.

G

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve, would you please take the time to 'hope it doesn't sunshine'?

I blaming you for all this!

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on track tonight - private event.

I took the ACR to work today and I only spun the rear tires once.

Not bad!

What I really should have driven was a boat. Maybe a Corvette - that's a boat......

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT A BLAST AT THE TRACK !

I think I had the most fun I've had in a year at the track last night. What a riot. I spent a lot of the evening in a BMW 3 series doing powerslides - what a scream.

If you get the chance to go on a wet racetrack.... DO IT! Man that was fun.

Greg

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did not know they opened the track when it rains as hard as it has the last week, sounds like you took full advantage of the open track :2tu:. Looks like the weather will be nice this weekend :drive:

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jim, had the 98 out a couple of times this year. Let me know if your taking a "mental health day" and we can go for a run, if the weather is good next Sunday we will be going to Carstais for breakfast.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
There's some track time available next Tuesday night at Race City.

It's $210 gst included. Contact Jay Pringle at:
Business Phone: 403–226–9387
Cell: 403–703–9387
E-mail: [email protected]

Just to be clear - this is NOT racing. It's access to the track where you can go as fast as you want in a safe, controlled environment. This event is only for those that have completed a track school. Those that did the High Performance Driving School as part of the Calgary Viper Event, qualify.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a program I'm putting together for August 16th at Race City. It'll be the last chance for, well.... for ever. They started tearing down the grandstands yesterday.:(

It'll have 2 run sessions, one for beginners with instructors and the other for experienced lappers.

This is a chance for those of you new to the track that would like to try driving their car in a safe controlled environment. No kids on bikes, no police etc. It is NOT racing. It might be a good chance for your spouse, child, collegue or friend to give it a try too. We'll have all types of cars from a Honda Fit and a CRV to a Ferrari 599 GTO (and maybe even an Enzo FXX! - not sure yet).

Student price is $300 with an experienced instructor, experienced lappers are $250.

If you're concerned about damage to your car please know this, we've never had a student damage their car in decades of doing this, but we really can't stop you from crashing if you want to. :D

Additionally, even aggressive drivers that are new to the track will not be able to detect any wear on their car. Experienced lappers might detect mild right front tire wear and some mild brake wear - students just won't.

If you're interested, just e-mail me at [email protected]

Greg

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, do you have a limited number of spots. I Was supposed to be on holidays but looks like they might get cancelled, I would then like to attend

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do have a space limit but it likely won't be reached. Just let me know if you're coming - it should be a fun day.

Greg