Track Tires and Wheels

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, after attending 4 track days in the last month or so, Im now addicted. Sadly, my stock PS2 tires are corded after only 4 track days.

This is going to be really expensive. I want to get an extra set of wheels to put r compund tires on. Im hoping to find a good supply of used rubber for tracking.

What size wheels do I need to get to have the best chance of finding used race tires to fit? (it seems that my stock 08 wheels sizes arent that common)

Also, what race tires would you guys reccomend? V710s, R6s, or something else?

I need all the help I can get becaue at 1600 a set, I cant afford new tires every 4 track days.

Thanks,
Eddie

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1.) get a good alignemnt with more negative camber
#2.) the V710 will out last the Hoosier R6
#3.) have race tires mounted on a different set of wheels so you can swap them on when going to the track or better yet after getting to the track

A99SilverACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The size of the wheel will save you some money but limits your tire selection.

I have a 99 ACr and i run 18" wheels. I am currently buying my tires from a guy selling R888's on this site.

Get a good (negative camber) alignment and have the toe checked to be sure you do not have too much x-toe and you should sloow down the rate you wear through your tires, but 4 track days is not all that bad for a stock alignment, high hp & weight car...