Trade a 98 Viper GTS for C6 Z51 6sp

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would probably help if you gave us some details about the Viper, color, miles, condition? Good Luck.

OP
OP
J

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I edited the post and added the link.

The reason I want a trade is that I will be converting the C6 into a full time racecar.

GTSII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car! I know this is a bit off topic, but I am curious about your Wilwood proportioning valve. I assume you are using it to reduce front brake pressure, and get more action out of the rears: is that right? and, if so, how has this been done? I heard that adding a proportioning valve in the presence of the stock proportioning valve may have some downsides...

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you selling a near race car to get an everyday driver to convert in to a race car?

OP
OP
J

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on running in the SCCA T1 class which is basiaclly a stock class with very minimal mods. If I were to run a new SRT10 or coupe the cost of the car and conversion would be nearly 100k. 75-80 if I bought a used racecar. I can put together a T1 Vette for about 50k or less. Trust me if I had the money I would be running a Comp Coupe in World Challenge. But since I am on a modest budget I am going to run T1. I feel that the C6 has a small advantage over the C5. Otherwise I could knock about 10k off of the build cost alone.

I figured that I would post soemthing here figuring that someone who owns a Viper has a friend that hasa C6 and wants a Viper instead. It's a great car. I love it but I have been wanting to race T1 and this seems like the logical way. I currently this GTS, a 2002 Z06 vette (totally stock except for some 19" CCW's) and I also have a 1999 Vette that is fully race prepped and is just about as fast as a Comp Coupe (ask Frank Barba about it). It's a great racecar but I want to move to a different class.

The stock proporting valve has been removed from the GTS and the Wilwood unit is in it's place. The balance of the braking system is pretty damm good after the change. Not many non abs Vipers can say that they love their brakes.

I will probably kick my self in teh a$$ for selling this car as I feel that these cars will be the high dollar classics in a few years. It's like haveing a Hemi Cuda in and selling it in 1975 with prices being over 100k for a clean car now a days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960