Trade: Noble for Viper

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
and actually back to another viper after having a spfgt40 after the noble.
i think you will find that most ppl on this board dont find the noble so appealing. i dont know. we'll see.

Bit of a hijack here but 2 months ago I came very close to picking up a Pathfinder GT40R. Same color as P2090.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vancuver and sonoman i couldnt have said it better myself. AP brakes, 2350lbs, twin turbo mid engine, 400whp, and parts availability at your local ford dealer makes for a very compelling car. i had a lotus exige s before, and its more livable on a daily basis than the lotus was, yet even more capable. and with only 220 in the country its not like youre going to pull up to a valet and see three of them like you do with a F458. another great aspect of it, is as its usually registered as a kit car (or in MA as a specialty constructed vehicle) you can do whatever you want. johnny law cant say no even in CA.

my only reason for selling is i just cant take advantage of the car as i had anticipated. being a restaurant manager leaves me with next to no time, and certainly no weekends for track day events. of the 5000 miles i have put on my noble since i bought it, 2400 of it was on a 4 day trip through canada (cabot trail). i love the car, but its just not practical for my needs. oddly enough a viper is just on the right side of practical for me. that i my last few vehicles have all been turbo or supercharged, i want something loud badass NA and american for a change. viper/vette meet both requirements, but the viper as you all know has that X factor.

a Noble was on my list of must own cars, now that ive had it, its time for another car on the list, a viper. i consider myself very fortunate to be as young as i am and be able to own these cars. whoever buys my is going to get a very well sorted car at a great price.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like those Noble cars, very cool and I think they would appeal to a bunch of guys here.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is build quality like? I saw one today at a car show and from 20 paces it looked super cool. As I got closer it looked like some I would have built myself. The one I saw may have been an anomaly .

depends on the model.
the m400 is better than the m12 and the rossion is better than the m400.
i was very impressed with the m400 build quality and the paint is top notch.
i scratch my head on how a viper owner could comment on another car's quality control. the only car ive ever owned that had worse fit and finish than my vipers was my lotus.
:)

that said i was fairly impressed with the m400's build quality.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ no issues with the build quality of my exige, or my m12. i do agree that its funny to see viper guys talking about build quality... not exactly the vipers selling point.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with the build quality of the vipers i have had [11 so far]. the first 2 were 06 they were perfect , then it went down hill. the last 4 i got were 2010 paint was sad, front clip not all screws were tight. over spray from prefix. i know that some problems with the cars were from prefix, but at the end of the day dodge let the car out of their plant . if they get any worse i may have a noble some day.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the paint but I thought the interior looked "home made". The car was a blast to drive.

i agree. thats why i spent over 5k having the dash remolded to fit the double din headunit. goes a long way to adding some quality/usefulness to a pretty spartan interior. the roll cage in nobles is also wrapped in suede, and the headliner is diamond quilted suede which looks sweet.

OP
OP
J

jjm4life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i should also mention, after getting a ride in a gen2 again, i would be willing to trade for a GTS as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine