traded in the viper for a ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

randall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 NSX Longbeach Blue w/ factory chromes.
smile.gif
i know i will miss the viper but thought i'd get out before the prices dropped even more.
frown.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randall,

Nothing to be ashamed of - the NSX is a fine machine! Just one question... did they provide a free pair of manties (www.manties.com) with the car, or do you need to buy them seperately?

Just kidding... I think the NSX is one of the most under-rated cars ever. Anyone who has driven one would never knock it. It's like a Ferrari 360 with the fit and finish of a Honda Accord. I LOVE the looks too!

how is the NSX market? I would love to get one, but I'd want the later (larger) motor - and I remember the T-top one was like $85k or something!

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
Gotta see some PICS!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of Randall's new "manties"? No thanks!!!

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Randall sorry to hear about your loss, but please give a lengthy writeup on your comparison between the 2.

Talk about 2 different animals, I think an NSX is the anti-Viper in many regards, and can be so seamless in execution the car is boring to some, but that is not a bad thing.

NSX was truly the only other contender for myself, had it narrowed down to a Monte Carlo Blue NSXT or GTS in Blue/White. ( is your a different shade than the Monte Carlo or did they just change names for 02?)

I'm now bitten with no chance of letting up at this point, but I still have a gleam in my eye for the NSX.

Met up with the local NSX club in my car and had some fun on the roads, maybe 20 of us in all. Talk about 2 entirely different methods of achieving the same result, amazing!

Best of luck with that thing, while the build quality is world class, and your time will not be spent addressing weak brakes, and melting side sills, you'll need a 200 horse injection to keep us in check!!
supergrin.gif

Add corners and all bets are off however, haha.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally different car and if you sold due to "market" prices, then sorry, that's a cop-out and you did not really like the Viper enough to begin with. Both will depreciate at comparable rates; no new car is an investment, barring perhaps some ultra-exotics. For example, how much less than sticker did you pay for the NSX? Buy a car because you enjoy it, depreciation be damned - there is much to enjoy with the NSX, I think it has been said that it is the foil to the Viper's broadsword.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
So have they finally crossed the 300 hp mark yet?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it, but I'm sure they have enough aftermarket stickers to get you there....

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
I doubt it, but I'm sure they have enough aftermarket stickers to get you there....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's your first "mod"!
supergrin.gif

<FONT size="7"><FONT COLOR="blue">Type R</FONT c></FONT s>

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little curious about the change; given that the NSX is due for a total rework next year, I would expect the depreciation on it to be far worse than a Gen-II Viper.

On the other hand, if you just changed because you like the NSX, no harm. Seems like a fine car, albeit slow.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he didn't tell you was that he started out with a black NSX and then got the Viper. Of course, this just KILLS me, as I was planning for an extended photo session with a black SRT next to a black GTS. Now that the only black GTS in town is gone...
frown.gif

BTW, this is fairly off topic as we are discussing the merits of the NSX, so off it goes.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960