Trading a Gen 1 RT10 for a Gen 3 SRT 10

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of you that have traded your Gen 1 for a Gen 3 Viper do you feel it was a good idea or do you think that you should of kept the Gen 1 ? I guess I am just looking for feedback as to what you think of the respective cars. I have heard the gen 3 is a better car and it would be nice to have a top that looks like it belongs on the car but the gen 1 just has that aggresive look that I am not sure you get with the gen3.
I love my gen1 viper and I am not saying that I am looking to trade but u just never know if the right opportunity were to present itself. Although I am one of those guys that gets sentimentally attached to my cars.
Thanks for any insight that you can give me.
:bonker: :confused:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey
Just went through that change. Never drove a Gen 2. The Gen 3 is almost too refined. It is dare I say, boring......compared to a Gen 1. The Gen 1 had character and you have to be one, to live with it on a daily basis. It creeked and groaned and needed TLC all the time. The Gen 3 is a brute in Caddy clothing, solid, easy, the Mrs. loves to drive it. She was scared of the old car. ;) The only reason I changed, is that my career path changed. I needed something that was better for interstate driving, not just around town. Something I could leave outside. It is a lot tougher a car in many ways. I don't fear leaving it in a parking garage or restaurant parking lot. I mean it has windows and doors that lock! I even got silver to tone down the look. I couldn't afford to keep both. I like to pay off my cars......

It really boils down to what do you need it for? Daily driver or weekend toy?

As you can see by my avatar I am still attached to the old one.

:2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey
Just went through that change. Never drove a Gen 2. The Gen 3 is almost too refined. It is dare I say, boring......compared to a Gen 1. The Gen 1 had character and you have to be one, to live with it on a daily basis. It creeked and groaned and needed TLC all the time. The Gen 3 is a brute in Caddy clothing, solid, easy, the Mrs. loves to drive it. She was scared of the old car. ;) The only reason I changed, is that my career path changed. I needed something that was better for interstate driving, not just around town. Something I could leave outside. It is a lot tougher a car in many ways. I don't fear leaving it in a parking garage or restaurant parking lot. I mean it has windows and doors that lock! I even got silver to tone down the look. I couldn't afford to keep both. I like to pay off my cars......

It really boils down to what do you need it for? Daily driver or weekend toy?

As you can see by my avatar I am still attached to the old one.

:2tu:

Something tells me there will be another Gen1/2 in your garage in the future. ;)

Mr B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's like comparing apples and fish! I get in the Gen I for pure, raw power...unbridled and wild. The Gen III pops me back in the seat, but I wear the car. Two radically different driving experiences to me.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Wanted" went the G3 route 2 times and wound up back in a G2........go figure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi