trailer hitch for SRT

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, The One Lap of America Car had a hitch/receiver of sorts so that it could tow a small trailer.

Does anyone know whether or not any plans of this hitch exist or is there any contact info to the folks that owned/ drove the car?

I want to be able to pull either a tire trailer to speed events or a small prowler style trailer on my long weekend excursions.

I have excellent fabrication skills and the equipment to do it right. I would rather not reinvent the wheel when it comes to a hitch design.

TIA

Dyno Dave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was one of the driver's of that car. There are no drawings or plans for the hitch on that SRT. One of the SRT mechanics fabricated that unit. He welded tapping plates into the rear frame rails for the attachments and slightly modified the rear fascia where the hitch came through the opening. It was nicely done.

I new when I first saw it that someone would want one.

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any way to contact him so that his efforts could be duplicated? Is he in Michigan too?

Where is the one lap located now? Can it be seenso that photos and maeasurment scan be taken from that install???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen