Trailer Info Needed - For Comp Coupe

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how wide, long and tall the trailer will need to be to fit the Comp Coupe? I would like to get the smallest size that will handle the job safely.

Will a 2001 Lincoln Navigator do the job towing?

I am going to building an enclosed garage at my new offices and would like to store the trailer in the garage when not in use.

How long would the garage need to be in order to close the doors? How tall would the opening need to be to fit the trailer inside?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, here are the dimensions from the CC press kit:

Dimensions/Capacities-

Wheelbase 98.8 inches
Track, front 61.6 inches
Track, rear 64.6 inches
Overall lenght 184.1 inches
Overall width 77.2 inches (body)
79.1 inches (mirrors)
Overall height 46.7 inches
Ground Clearence 3.0 inches
Curb weight 3,200 lbs.
Weight/Distribution, FR 50/50
Frontal area 21.5 sq. ft.
Drag coefficient .40

Hope this helps?

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The navigator will do just fine for your tow vehicle, I have been towing my Viper in an enclosed 20' Featherlight trailer with a 6 cyl 2002 explorer with no problem. BTY the 20' Featherlight has plenty of space to hold the car, but it won't work well for a coupe as the doors will not open (I assume they open?) over the wheelwells of the trailer w/o building a raised track for the car to ride above the floor.

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry, hows this for an answer. I will have my car and trailer (20" Wells Cargo) in Nashville. It has a side opening door for the GTS and my car is very low. If I didn't have the side door I don't think I could get out of the car. Just talk one of the Dodge people into letting you drive the Comp Coupe into my trailer for a test and then you will have your answer.
Roger Morgan

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger - I like your idea. Maybe once we get it on the trailer we can distract them and drive off with the car - just to see how the trailer handles with the car inside?

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,
I thought we would save that part for later but now you let the cat out of the bag. I guess we could say it got stuck so we had to bring it back to California for more testing.
Roger

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,

I saw PVO load the car in a regular enclosed trailer at the test session out at GingerMan. They did however have a number of long boards (ramps) to get the splitter up high enough to keep from hanging up on the drop gate. I suggest you get a winch mounted in the new trailer to help with loading. Remember I said winch and not *****.

Some built up ramps inside would allow you to raise the car off the deck so you can store tires, parts etc under the car. Also makes it a nice place to do work on the underside at night if the weather (or bugs) is bad outside. This will also give you more room side to side since the wheel houses from the trailer will not be in the way. Just remember to get a trailer with low wheel housings. Your side sills will be thankful.