Transmission Cooler?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed that during track sessions, my gearbox requires more and more effort as the session progresses. I'm wondering if heat may be the culprit.

Anyone else notice an increase in shifting difficulty during long track sessions?
Anyone here put a transmission cooler on their Viper?
Who sells parts?
Anything tricky about doing it?

Kai

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When John Donato had my tranny in the shop for some upgrades, he plumbed two -8 connectors into the tranny. then you can get an electric scavenge pump, a cooler, and you are good to go!

Joseph

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Never had my trans get sticky or shift hard from heat with an OE clutch (GTS).

I have had shifting become difficult / hard due to my non-OE clutch / PP combo getting warm and the air gap getting smaller (SRT-10). In this case, the clutch doesn't completely disengage and makes shifting difficult.

I suspect your clutch / pp combo is the problem, not the trans.

FYI, John Donato drilled and tapped the trans in my SRT-10 for a cooler too. You should be able to find someone locally who can do this for you.

You may also want to contact Viper Race Headquaters for parts. I suspect the CC trans cooler would be a bolt on once your trans has been drilled and tapped for a cooler.

Dan:2tu:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kai --

Not sure I am rembering this correctly but do you have an 08 on order? If so, I believe there is hardware built in to the 08s to accomodate a transmission cooling system.

Anyone know where to get this for an 08?

/Rich

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At times I have a hard time getting the car into first and reverse, whether hot or cold. I just had the fluid changed and made it slightly better. Had it checked out by Chuck who didnt find anything wrong...