Transporting a viper

CDELL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting very close to buying a 98 rt. Trying to get enclosed transport but will take 2 weeks should I consider open transport on the top of the car carrier. Car will be traveling apx 1200 miles. What do think.

andymo1972

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used TNT Auto Transport to have a car delivered and was absolutely impressed (thanks to Jason Walsh for referring me). They seem to be reasonably priced for enclosed transport and take good care of the cars they deliver, it was ~$1200. It's not just enclosed, they call it specialty service b/c of the way they handle the cars. They told me 4-5 days to deliver (Chicago to Colorado Springs). The car does not sit in terminals or switch trucks. Even if it's cross country, they will not take 2 weeks. They will deliver right to your driveway if the truck will get into your neighborhood. The rep will contact you daily to let you know the status of your car, etc. Not needed in my situation if you read below.

I had a unique situation and my car was not available when I thought it would be so they kept sending trucks through with an open slot until my car was released from the dealer in Chicago. My car was picked up at 3 pm on a Thursday and was in Denver the next evening. I arranged to have the driver drop it by my house the next morning so I could inspect it in the daylight...talk about making my weekend!! I'm sure not all deliveries will be quite this fast, it was just luck that there were no stops between my pickup/dropoff locations.

Call Mary Anno TNT her # is 866-566-5227...tell her you were referred by me and she will give you a small discount.

Andy

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just used DASH Auto Express to have my Viper shipped enclosed from Dallas to Denver. Roughly $0.93 per mile. Pick up and delivery within 4 days from order placement. Was very satisfied.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Un-enclosed, you may have the errant rock or vandalism, and a gazillion bug carcasses to clean off!

Intercity Lines (800) 221-3936

Reliable Carriers (800) 833-7411

Use either of the above for peace of mind. I have used both and have been extremely pleased and impressed with their customer service. Both offer fully enclosed with very low approach angle lift ramps.
Good luck!

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine sent home via open carrier from Boise to PDX (~500 miles). I did it mainly because of time frame (guy was local to PDX, and able to meet me when I flew out to buy it), and the price was right ($150 vs. $800 for next lowest quote). Mine was the only car on the carrier; he put it in the top middle position. The car arrived with no more scratches than it left with, and not a single new bug splat. Of course, I bought mine to use as a daily driver, so I'm trying not to be overly anal about it (sacrilege? should I be posting anonymously).... FWIW; good luck!

MrYo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Horseless Carriage to transport my Viper from California to Massachusetts. They were very good. It came in with 2 new Ferraris and an Alfa Romeo. It was around $1,000 one way.

OP
OP
C

CDELL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions I have already called a few no luck but will try the others tommrrow. MrYo I live in Rhode Island, I guess I'am almost your neighbor.

VIPERJFM11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I USE INTERCITY LINES TWICE A YEAR TO SHIP MY SONS 2000 FORD LIGHTNING FROM CHICAGO TO BOSTON AND BACK. THEY PUT IT IN AN ENCLOSED CARRIER WITH 2 LAYERS OF CAR COVERS. 3 DAYS FROM DOOR TO DOOR. SONS LIGHTNING EATS ZO6 FOR LUNCH 500 REAR HORSE POWER.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend who owns a trucking company and a Viper. He has only open trailers and said he would never haul a car on the back of an open trailer because of rocks and other debris that may damage the car.

So I used DAS to get my car from CA to MS. $870 one way and not a scratch.

OP
OP
C

CDELL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I just flew in from Florida and pulled the trigger on a 98 rt/10. I have called many transporters but most busy 7-10 days then a delivery. Has anyone ever used Exotic Car transport out of Orlando, they think they can get it out this week. Has anyone used them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang