True Cold Air Intake

D

DAMN YANKEE

More than one available....but some (most) will tell you that you will need to redirect the air up off the pavement using a kit like the Roe air deflector...

Mine is from JMB, a beautiful unit that picks up cold air from in front of the radiator...

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn Yankee - does that seal to the hood when closed?

Here's my Larry Macedo/M2 airbox and smooth tubes for the larger throttle bodies.

You must be registered for see images

About 2.5" is open at the rad for air pressure. I understand that somewhere under 600hp the Naca duct is inadequate for airflow. Not proven to be true, but who wants to take a chance? I also added the Roe facia scoop for better aerodynamics and cooling. I did notice that the temp guage does run 1 line cooler than it did before I installed the scoop kit from Roe Racing Performance Parts. I think it's a "Hell of an improvement" for the $200.

You must be registered for see images

Originally I had concerns about support issues with this modification, but my faith in Sean is retained as I've dragged the nose over inches of ice and ran over a pothole that kicked up a chunk of asphalt under my car. The air deflector plate that comes with the Roe kit kept the chunk under the car and it passed through without damaging my oilpan. The airdeflector got a wicked dent, but the oilpan only got scratched and the pavement didn't bounce into my crank pulley because of the deflector. Lousy Gov.'s saving road maintenance money to pay for the Olympics - the rest of the province is suffering bad. Most of the dent will come out easily.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960