Trusted Alarm/door poper install shop in MD/VA area?

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am purchasing a viper 791 alarm with proximity sensor, and door popers. I am not really sure a good place to take it.

I know places like circuit city/best buy/tweeter, but i dont know if i exactly trust some kids working on the viper.

Are there any other specialty shops in general to look for? or is it going to be something more dependant on the area?

I live in fairfax, VA area and looking for a good shop, or if someone knows how to do these, I will glady pay you!

Thanks,
Jason

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i am sorry to inform you that the majority of the people that are installers at any place you go to are going to be kids! thats just a fact. who did you buy the alarm from. and dont be so fast to discount those places you mentioned because they tend to have excellent insurance if the need should arise to file one. only thing is that I would have purchased the unit from the guy doing the install, this way the install and unit both have warrenty and guarenties. i am sure if you read the fine print, the alarm must be in stalled by a licensed dealer to have a legit warrenty. look into a company called tweeter. they did the work on my viper in jersey and they have many stores along the east coast, based in atlanta i think. they carry high end home and car audio equiptment. and install! hope you find what your looking for. v10...

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
duhhhhhh! sorry i didnt see you had tweeter in your post. go to them they are fine! i had them put a dvdv/tv in the factory place alpine location and they put a slight scratch in the dask trying to get the radio out, or snapping the surround back on? anyway i threw a fit and told them it was going to cost them to fit it, anyway i was given their insurance info and called asap. i was asked to get an estimate to fix the scratch and fax it to there claim dept. my dodge dealer said the only satyisfactory way to fix the scratch was to replace that portion of the dash, basicall the main part of the dash!!! they quoted me like 2200 bucks or something crazy like that. anyhow i submitted the estimate and had a check later that week. needless to say i cashed there check and never fixed the 1/4 inch long mark in the dash! figured the dodge dealership would do more damage to the car taking the dash out and trying to reinstall it so i kept the cash and actually the system i got was paid off compliments to tweeter. so go to them they kick asp!

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol well thats good news for you!, except that they did infact scratch your car which is what i'm trying to avoid.

Tweeter i think is a step up from bestbuy and circuit city, i used to install stereos at circuit city and i KNOW that it NOT the place you want your car to be.

Do you think tweeter does custom things like door popers though?

I purchsed the alarm online obviously to save a couple hundred bucks, i have had 5 viper alarms in previous cars and never had a problem with any of them but i had them installed at a specialty shop in rockville,md that no longer exists now, so im not sure where to go.

95RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would recommend Myer-Emco based on what was installed in my Viper when I bought it. The previous owner had a complete custom installed system. I have receipts that show it was installed at the Falls Church Location in 2001. I have been to Tweeter in Rockville looking to upgrade the navigation system and when I show them what I have now they see the attention to detail are very impressed. As far as the door poppers. Very easy. I installed them myself in a few hours. If you want some help let me know.

Russell

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would recommend Myer-Emco based on what was installed in my Viper when I bought it. The previous owner had a complete custom installed system. I have receipts that show it was installed at the Falls Church Location in 2001. I have been to Tweeter in Rockville looking to upgrade the navigation system and when I show them what I have now they see the attention to detail are very impressed. As far as the door poppers. Very easy. I installed them myself in a few hours. If you want some help let me know.

Russell

never heard of myer-emco? they install alarm as well as systems?

I would love help putting on the door popers! I just really have no clue where to even get started on that, i have researched some posts on the how to install, but it looks very confusing.

95RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would assume they install alarms since they do car audio. Check them out at www.myer-emco.com As far as them installing the alarm you bring them I do not know about that. For the door popper go to http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_how_illup.htm and order the parts. Just a quick thought on the door popper. They work off the factory alarm so you may want to talk to whom ever does the new alarm install and have them keep the factory alarm installed so the door poppers will work.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would assume they install alarms since they do car audio. Check them out at www.myer-emco.com As far as them installing the alarm you bring them I do not know about that. For the door popper go to http://www.viperclub.org/menus/index_how_illup.htm and order the parts. Just a quick thought on the door popper. They work off the factory alarm so you may want to talk to whom ever does the new alarm install and have them keep the factory alarm installed so the door poppers will work.

i dont see why the new viper alarm wouldnt be able to trigger the door poppers?

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Auto Radio Center on Gude Drive in Rockville, MD installed the audio system in my Viper and did a great job. They also installed the alarm system, navigation, and audio/video system in my quad cab dually. I know they've done installs on other Vipers as well.

I haven't dealt with them in a couple of years, but if you talk to the owner (Big Rick) you should get a good feel for how well they'll take care of your car.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte