Trying new things with the camera

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A friend of mine was showing me how to use my camera and these are some of what we came up with.

You must be registered for see images

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Makes it look like the billboard of a car-themed restaurant where half a car sticks out of the wall :eater:
I take it you used a special flash setting?

V

Venomiss

That's a new avatar shot. This does look good and also interested on how the pictures were taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We took these at night in my garage. It has to completely dark. Then you set your camera to a 30sec shutter speed. Once the camera goes you then trace the car with a flash light and where the beam hits the car is what the camera sees. It is challenging to get the outcome you want but practice makes perfect. I think that we had the aperture around 8.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very cool idea. I am totally going to try this the next time I see my sister because she has a really nice digital camera that will probably allow you to play with those settings. I don't know much about photography so I generally lean on her to take cool pictures.

jmsrx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a digital "Rebel". You can bet that I will be in my garage with the lights off very soon.........Taking pictures that is.;)
Very cool pics:2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I don't think it would look as cool with any other color car or even a different model of Viper. A blue GTS seems perfect for that style of photo. Thanks for posting it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi