TT Lambo vs Doug Levin SRT - Anyone seen this video?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truly amazing how fast that thing walks away from 800 HP rides!:omg:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You made my day...thanks....that ttv12 sound is absolutely intoxicating...........have Murci:omg:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The TT Murci is a one of Dougs creations. The 590 horse 06 Murci is Dougs car. It has the muffler delete and a custom exhaust made fabricated by DLM. I was surprised how the TT Murci pulled an 800 horse S/C Viper.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to spoil the party guys but what is shown is not an apples to apples comparison. Let's see a Heffner prepared twin turbo SRT 10 vs a Heffner prepared twin turbo Ford GT vs a Heffner prepared twin turbo Gallardo vs the twin turbo Murci. I believe that the supercharged Viper just had the stock Paxton kit. (Admittedly, four wheel drive has some traction advantage.)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper shown appears to be the same Viper that was at our VCA dyno day yesterday. It produced about 650 RWHP and about 640 foot pounds of torque. It has a stock Paxton kit on a stock engine with after market headers and exhaust. By comparison, my SRTC with a stock Paxton kit, stock headers and a Corsa cat back produced 653.93/598.16 at the rear wheels last February when the temp and humidity were 88 degree and 36%, respectively. Yesterday was in the low 70's. So you can see, this is not an apples to apples comparison.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the vid there is just no way that the viper had comparable horsepower to the Murci. Local club members stock or should i say mostly stock with bolt ons and a paxton put down about 640rwhp

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe I ran 651RWHP/606 Max Torque at the VCA Dyno day saturday with 79F - 37 Percent humidity. I have the DLM Paxton stock bolt - on, with Corsa Track exhaust.....

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin in the video they claimed the Viper had 800 horse. I am not sure but I doubt it could have pulled my Viper like that since I have 920rwhp. Having a stock Paxton set up would explain why the Murci pulled away so fast from the Viper.

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to start off by saying that this is by far the fastest car I have ever had a chance to ride in. There aren't too many words to describe what a TT Murcie feels and sounds like. The best description I had heard today is that it sounds like a jet.

Doug Levin Passed by my hotel to take me out for a spin. Besides his wife I was the first person to ride in the passenger seat, and it was truly an honor. As nice of a guy as it gets, and a true car enthusiast. Very down to earth and humble.

Driveability:

The car has the manneurisms and driveability of a regular Murcielago. The car is driven with the stock clutch for the time being, and if you are a careful and cogniscent driver, the stock clutch should hold for a LONG time (ie no slippage, and no clutch smell at stops.) Exhaust sounds like a regular aftermarket exhaust until you hit boost then it screams like a redheaded stepchild. We were holding conversations while on the highway, and people typically buy a Lamborghini for the noise anyways. A/C worked perfectly, no gargle of backfire while downshifting or letting off of the throttle.

Power:

Very smooth and linear power delivery. Boost kicks in early (around 2.5k-3k rpms), after that the front end lifts, the wastegates open and the redline comes up faster than one could possibly imagine. Lag is basically non existant. The Murci is a quick revving car as it is. The car makes 800hp at the motor. It feels like more than that if you can imagine it. I have been in a Murcie Roadster under hard aceleration, and this feels 2 times as fast under boost. The car will spin all 4 wheels all through 1st, and I would imagine part of second gear. The blowoff valve noise under hard accelleration is louder than any Supra I have heard. Especially in a open topped Roadster. I have to imagine that when he was on it, it must have been an almost scary situation to be next to the car. If you the type of person that doesn't like attention, do not put a tt on your lambo. It is an indescribable sound that this car makes that gave me goosebumps. Nothing I have heard compares to it. Including being next to a Tubi'ed Enzo at over 100mph. It is absolutely incredible. The A/F at idle was 14.7 which is ideal as it gets.

Looks:

Doug is known for being a perfectionist, and this kit really looks amazing. It is still being R&D'ed, but everything is where it should be. The lifteable air ducts on the side provide air to the air to water intercooler that keeps the kit cool. Everything is either coated with heat resistant material, or thermal wrapped. The kit sits far back in the engine as seen from the pictures I posted earlier. Everyone around this car seemed as if they were forced to look at this car. Caused quite a hooplah at the lobby entrance of the hotel. I can go on and on about looks, but its a Lambo of course it is gorgeous.
YouTube - Doug Levin Motorsports Twin Turbo Lamborghini Murcielago

I posted this a few months back. Yeah its cool thats is a TT lambo but its only about 200bhp upgrade over stock. Nothing really ground breaking here.

Last edited:

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for your input but your numbers are not even close to what the car produces on higher boost settings.

Best regards :drive:
Doug Levin

Ok sorry for the outdated information. Thats the information I got from a website about 5 months ago. If you dont mind me asking, what are the new numbers for the car? Awesome car either way, I just couldnt spend that kind of money on my lambo for a small increase in power

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, enough of the mystery already. I assume that the car was dynoed at different boost levels to test its function and reliability during R&D. What were the numbers at the various boost levels? Also, please provide some additional data:

1. What type of computer is being used? AEM?

2. Are the cats stock, high flow, or removed?

3. If stock, will the use of the higher boost levels result in melted cats?

4. What is the stock clutch, transmission and rear end good for HP/torque wise?

5. Was the engine built up at all to handle the higher boost levels?

6. Were the stock brakes altered at all?

7. Does a warranty come with the kit?

8. Does the installation of the kit void the Murci manufacturer's warranty on the drive train components? ( I assume that it does but I also assume that if someone can afford the car, they do not care.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video is bogus. If you watch the Viper in relation to the background, you will notice how it suddenly slows down. Pure rubbish!

Reaction score
Ok sorry for the outdated information. Thats the information I got from a website about 5 months ago. If you dont mind me asking, what are the new numbers for the car? Awesome car either way, I just couldnt spend that kind of money on my lambo for a small increase in power

No problem - thank you LS6!

Honestly, the AWD started smoking the clutch very badly during deceleration on the dyno. I suspect the wheel size differences didn't help matters either way....after that occurred, we got to a point of "guess work" at it's finest, but this was only under higher boost levels.

Hope this helps
Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte