TT V-10 rumor?

murfman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hang out on the SRT forums quite a bit, here are a couple of posts from PVOMan, he usually has very accurate "Inside" information on SRT vehicles. He is always purposely cryptic, but has held that there is a ** Twin Turbo v-10 in the works, and now it has been stated its coming in 2009! I'd blow this off, but has been reliable in the past.

PVOMan
SRTforums Veteran

Member Number: 41501
Trader Rating: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wait for ** ttv10

AllForSRT
SRTforums Oldtimer 4

Member Number: 2947
Trader Rating: (0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by silverviper
Originally Posted by PVOMan
wait for ** ttv10
Time frame???

MY 2009.

Link to the forum

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381426

OP
OP
M

murfman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the SRT hedging its bet against the Blue Balls Vette?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Supposedly, this is coming with the ZC platform. ZC will spawn at least three vehicles this time around. I'm sure the TT is to make sure we're well ahead of the Z07/Blue Devil/SS/whatever-the-hell-they-call-it...

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd prefer they keep the Viper NA. Anyone can slap a TT on a car.

But to get BIG power as a production car, they need to SC or TT. It would be more reliable to have a TT car then a hugely re-worked engine to get those power numbers. This could all be BS, but say they wanted to go smack down the BD Z06, a factoryy TT ACR 700hp + type car would be cool.
Porsche, Audi, Volvo,Subaru, etc all use Turbo's and the cars are very reliable and efficient.
Just depends on who wants to be the HP king bad enough, Dodge or Chevy...

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd prefer they keep the Viper NA. Anyone can slap a TT on a car.

Yeah, like the way Bvgatti ruined the 488ci Veyron by equipping it with QT

:lmao:

------------------------------------
1999GTS/2001 ACR
New SVS short shifter for sale

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not true at all. Up to this point in time there are less than a handfull of people that Slap a TT on a Viper Correctly. :D

I meant anyone can PAY one of the few qualified tuners to slap on a TT.

As for comparison to the Veyron... it's a LUXURY coupe, and will never be taken seriously on the racetrack for any competition. Not to mention it needs the QT to compensate for its weight. Is that the route you want to Viper to go to? :dunno:

I prefer lighter and more horses naturally. That's where SRT needs to focus their energies. Don't get me wrong a TT would be nice, but should be added by the owner.. maybe as a prefix or rousch edition ala Saleen Mustangs, but SRT should work on the base vehicle.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gee, I dunno Wally ... the '08 is going to be one heck of a car ... with new management just now learning where the office coffee machine is located, I wouldn't think anything new beyond '08 is for sure yet ... 600HP in your hand, is worth two and a lot of bush in the future

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the '09 Viper with TT's will be called an ACR again and they'll drop it, put Motons on it and race a few of them....now wouldn't that be nice!!

Regards,
Aaron

S

sachin

As for comparison to the Veyron... it's a LUXURY coupe, and will never be taken seriously on the racetrack for any competition. Not to mention it needs the QT to compensate for its weight. Is that the route you want to Viper to go to? :dunno:

I prefer lighter and more horses naturally. That's where SRT needs to focus their energies. Don't get me wrong a TT would be nice, but should be added by the owner.. maybe as a prefix or rousch edition ala Saleen Mustangs, but SRT should work on the base vehicle.

What about the F40? 959? 911 GT2? alluse twin turbos and are very competitive on the track (in their time period).

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree they should keep the viper N/A. If they do have a special edition viper instead of focusing on power why dont they focus on weight like the superlegga or the f430 scuderia and call it an acr. If they do put TTs on a viper I still wont be too upset :D

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always though that they should have added twin turbos to the Viper MANY years ago to keep it on top of the performance car food chain.

On the plus side, you can control the power delivery per gear and/or per traction using variable boost control so you can get more power to the ground and have it be the fastest that it can be all of the time without having to be an expert driver.

On the downside there are heat and packaging issues with a TT setup, and adding that much more power can easily be lost in wheelspin.

And on the other side the ACR Viper was always focused on racing, but a TT car would probably not be allowed (or be severely detuned) for most tracks and racing events, and the extra power and weight would have mixed results at the track.

As opposed to just building a lighter ACR Viper using CF body panels, and make a small N/A power jump to say 675HP ;)

A twin turbo Viper would definitely put the car over the top in terms of power and status, and I would far rather see that approach than creating something like the $$$ ME4112 "Chrysler" concept.

Whatever provides the best balanced performance, at a decent price gets my vote. :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like maintenancing my bulletproof Viper. I'm not looking forward to adding a couple hours to my plug changes because I have to remove a bunch of turbo plumming.

GM can't hold together what they've got today, why should I worry about some turbo'd beast?. If they wanna come out with some 800hp blue devil I really don't care since it won't last an entire track weekend anyway.

But since most of you guys are bench racers bulletproof durability wouldn't matter to you.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thinking about it more, Vipers already scare many unskilled drivers, and the 600HP '08 will continue that tradition. I really wonder if Dodge (or GM) can really justify putting a 700HP+ TT car out there for the general public ... honestly, just imagine the stream of pictures of wrecks that we might see with such cars ... I could only see it if the cars were changed to feature AWD (both Viper and Blue Devil) to handle the traction. That might make some sense, but then it would seem the character of the cars (i.e. heavy) would be completely changed. I'm a fan of power, but just thinking corporate for a minute.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about it more, Vipers already scare many unskilled drivers, and the 600HP '08 will continue that tradition. I really wonder if Dodge (or GM) can really justify putting a 700HP+ TT car out there for the general public ... honestly, just imagine the stream of pictures of wrecks that we might see with such cars ... I could only see it if the cars were changed to feature AWD (both Viper and Blue Devil) to handle the traction. That might make some sense, but then it would seem the character of the cars (i.e. heavy) would be completely changed. I'm a fan of power, but just thinking corporate for a minute.

Don't worry, TC is coming in 2012 and will keep everyone from dying in car accidents...just like ABS did.