Reaction score
Low down on the car:
97 GTS
Edelbrock headers
K&N intake
Custom billet nitrous plate system
Dedicated fuel cell
Trick performance P and V gauges
FJO wideband controller(hooked up to the P gauge to monitor a/f for nitrous)
1 step colder plugs
plug wires

I plan on putting 116 race gas in the fuel cell, and spraying a 200 pill at first. I plan on putting this on the dyno watching the a/f and checking the plugs.

The question is....

Do I need a tune to pull timing for the 200 pill on a car with these mods? Running 116 in the dedicated and colder plugs I wouldn't think it would be necessary, as some other tuners. Then other tuners are telling it I have to get a tune for this situation.

Anyone have experience with this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

You must be registered for see images

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should retard the timing for Nitrous, just like FI.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not an easy question to answer i think. every car is different. but my best guess is just tune it for nitrous on the juice and see what happens.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its not an easy question to answer i think. every car is different. but my best guess is just tune it for nitrous on the juice and see what happens.

You can actually add timing NA and make more power, therefore, it is if you are actually pulling timing if you use the oem timing map. When you run 10.5-11.0 a/f you are also retarding the flame front. I run a 350 short without retarding the timing and I know Tom Welsh was running at least that size shot without retarding the timing. The proof is the proof.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark Leslie at University Dodge has alot of experience with modding Gen II Vipers with NOS. He has built more than a few over the years. One with a built engine and a staged 400 shot. It was a monster. Give him a call. By the way, I sent you another PM concerning the other subject.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Air fuel monitors do not work very well when used with nitrous, I had a guru explain it to me once why that was but bottom line is dont put too much faith into an a/f monitor with nitrous. Use the plug thread heat method along with the a/f to tune it.

Your timing should be fine since you are going to use 116 octane fuel, but if it was me I would do 2 steps colder plugs. But you can figure the plug part out when you see just how hot the plug is getting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang