Tuning in Tampa area?

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gents, I've got a DC Performance tune on my SCT controller that is currently being used on the Viper, however I'm interested if anyone happens to know anyone who can do custom tuning locally in the Tampa area? Called the folks @ Roe & they didn't seem too keen on assisting on a relatively stock car. When I had my Z06 cammed, I used a guy by the name of Jeremy Formato in St. Pete, did awesome work, but I believe he only tunes GM vehicles. Any help or references would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Matt

OP
OP
I

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, I gave him & his shop a call while in Lauderdale during the weekend, but our availabilities didn't match. Thanks for the reference, hoping for a few more recommendations.

- Matt

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't make the same recommendation from my own experience...
Check out s and r performance in Tampa...

They are building my custom twin turbo system...

sandrperformance.com

Joe

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't make the same recommendation from my own experience...
Check out s and r performance in Tampa...

They are building my custom twin turbo system...

sandrperformance.com

Joe

A couple of the 350z guys I know that have had work done there have mentioned your car to me. What's the ETA left on it?

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple months still...

Parts and cash flow... I spent a bunch of cash before at other places and lost money....

We just got the bottom end done and it looks beautiful...... .Ill get some pics posted tomorrow when I come back to the shop..

Also waiting on the Stryker heads and McCleod twin-disc setup is on back order...

Thats the one thing I can't stand about the vipers.. everything takes so damn long....

Hopefully it will be done by the Viper Nationals... Then we will get to see what she does...

Joe

OP
OP
I

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may go check them tomorrow. Why there? What prior experience do they have tuning Vipers? Do you happen to know what tools/software they use for reading real-time info as well as programming? Thanks in advance.

- Matt

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have a killer load-bearing dyno... tons of experience with all sorts of cars... Shelby GT500's, Mustangs... Anything that make high horsepower...

As for tuning software.. Thats really a question for them... All I know is that Brian.. Is a genius...

After going to a couple top-named tuners.. I learned that the Viper isn't that different from other horsepower cars... Its just a Viper Tax thing... Plus I also got the satisfaction of being burned by those top named tuners.

Give them a call or stop by... They have a very nice shop... Much nicer than the other tuners that I have seen....

Joe

V

Venomiss

Gents, I've got a DC Performance tune on my SCT controller that is currently being used on the Viper, however I'm interested if anyone happens to know anyone who can do custom tuning locally in the Tampa area? Called the folks @ Roe & they didn't seem too keen on assisting on a relatively stock car. When I had my Z06 cammed, I used a guy by the name of Jeremy Formato in St. Pete, did awesome work, but I believe he only tunes GM vehicles. Any help or references would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Matt

Contact other Florida VCA members for their input. Chuck98RT/10 may have some ideas for you-he is on the boards.

Florida: North/Central
website John Canal
[email protected] 110 Timberlachen Circle
Lake Mary, FL 32746
Work: 407-328-7757