Twin Turbo?

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering if you'd just buy a used car with them or just do it to your own car? I've been pricing some set ups and everyone seems to want around 80 or so for the top dog set up. I've seen some twin cars selling for less then they want for the kit. I just think it would be neat to have something that can go zero to death in a blink of an eye lol. I'm paying my car off and have so many different things first it was an ACR or wait for a new one now I want twins. Anyone else as indecisive as me lol?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most performance modifications like twin turbos and superchargers are heavily discounted when selling a car. Plus you won't really get 0 mph to death it will be more like 0 mph to tires smoking to **** breaking, with a few exceptions out there. They are great from 100 above but useful street power is tough to put to the ground with our cars. If I wanted a twin turbo car I'd find a used one for the right price before spending the money and time (long) to get my car done. Hey that's just my opinion. The good side is even if it breaks down it still looks good when you pop the hood.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy used from a good tuner. I prefer underground. My car would cost north of 100k, not counting the car to duplicate. Being real, I'd probably get 80-85 to the right buyer. Thats for the best setup money can buy and its converted to an auto. You can find good tt deals in the 70's. As an auto my car is very street friendly and very fast, fastest on street tires in the country. The power can be used, just have to learn how.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what he said. buy a trusted viper tuner car, gonna save a TON of cash that way. just make sure to do a leakdown test on it before buying.

OP
OP
L

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys I think I want a GTS TT. I already have a Gen III and always loved the looks of the GTS cars. 1fast400 how do you like your TT GTS?

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it, but is a bit more extreme with an the others. Has a roll cage, parachute, line loc, transbrake, etc, etc. It is not for everyone, nut at least I can make a pass at a track without being thrown out. For me, it is easier to get in and out of it with the cage.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:dunno: I bought mine used & it was a steal.The original owner had issues with it, but ran perfect for 10,000 miles. But ran thru a Heavy Rain & have been having a problem ever since. Hope you live near a "Tuner",or know a shop that can help if there's a problem, without having to ship the car to someone with a Blank Check. Still Happy with my car, but Twin Turbo cars are not for the person that would be bothered with a "Modified" car. If so,go stock & bring back to Dealer. Good Luck. :drive:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ridden in a twin turbo setup?

Are you going to race it?

Parts don't come cheap and if you are throwing the power to the ground you will break stuff.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Twin turbo cars make great power, just make sure the system has the latest upgrades and tuning. Those without a turbo sump system and proper engine tuning system may be problematic over time.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What?? How in the hell did you do that? I've made 100 passes and never had a single issue? Damn man it has not been your year

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it right this last time, and still broke the rear end in half on the first launch. Quaife, MW axles, not quite sure what I broke.

I saw a turbo car shear the pinion gear in half with the same setup as you. Is that what happened?

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy a built car. By the time you do the forged/billet capped/studded 510, fuel system, AEM, drivetrain, wheels/tires, and the turbo system with the big turbos you will be in the 80k range easy.
These days 60-65k can get you a nice built TT GTS.