Two guys drank 12 beers in 90 minutes prior to one crashing his viper

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the police report includes a line from the passenger that goes like this: "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time..."

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good idea. This guy looks like he has a long road ahead of him, though. Give him some slack. He is going through a pretty bad time. Same with his family. They did not sign up for this stuff.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dude is on life support:omg:
WOW! That's just Bad! Hope he pulls out of it & gets another chance at life, I mean he's in his 20's (how many of you can say you haven't done things just as stupid in your 20's)! If there's ONE car you don't want to try & drive when you've been drinking its a VIPER!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
In reading the article - it appears that the incident happened August 29th and that he was just arrested at his home this week for causing said injury - so hopefully that means he is ok.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting the article says it was a '94 Viper but the picture is a Gen 3

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good idea. This guy looks like he has a long road ahead of him, though. Give him some slack. He is going through a pretty bad time. Same with his family. They did not sign up for this stuff.

I'll give you the family thing, I'm sorry their family member is an idiot. What if the stupid SOB had slammed the Viper into a Honda Civic driven by a sober 17 yr old and killed the driver? Minivan full of a sober family? Yeah, let's support the drunk *****. Screw this drunk bastard. I'm sorry he took out a Viper. Don't give a damn about him. Drunk drivers are attempted murderers. Hey, lets get drunk and go drive. Even better, let's go drive a Viper. Not a disaster in the making at all. Like someone said above....clean the gene pool. 1 less drunk and the roads will be safer.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, this is completely stupid. He did recover as this occured in Aug and he was arrested in Nov. I had a roommate about to drive off in his GTO and we wrestled his keys away, he just wanted to drive for no reason but we wouldn't have that. Our neighbor and 2 passengers died in 2009 driving in nasty weather after a party speeding in a V6 Mustang, that means they were being stupid for a long time to rip the car in half on a telephone pole. He will probably get away with nothing and do it again, probably not in a Viper though.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give you the family thing, I'm sorry their family member is an idiot. What if the stupid SOB had slammed the Viper into a Honda Civic driven by a sober 17 yr old and killed the driver? Minivan full of a sober family? Yeah, let's support the drunk *****. Screw this drunk bastard. I'm sorry he took out a Viper. Don't give a damn about him. Drunk drivers are attempted murderers. Hey, lets get drunk and go drive. Even better, let's go drive a Viper. Not a disaster in the making at all. Like someone said above....clean the gene pool. 1 less drunk and the roads will be safer.
Chad, I guess I always thought you was a Big Party Animal (I guess because I also thought you lived at *******, & assumed your single) but I guess I was waaaaaaay off. Do you not drink at all or you just don't drink when you take your Viper to *******?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will probably get away with nothing and do it again, probably not in a Viper though.

EXACTLY. The US (no) justice system will let him go and he'll be back to drive drunk and this time possibly wipe out innocent people.

Chad, I guess I always thought you was a Big Party Animal (I guess because I also thought you lived at *******, & assumed your single) but I guess I was waaaaaaay off. Do you not drink at all or you just don't drink when you take your Viper to *******?

Let's see:

"Party animal": no
Single: Yes
Drink: Yes

If I'm driving (Viper, my DD, whatever) my limit is 2 beers. A friend of mine in GA used to have parties 1-2x/month. If I went, I'd normally drive the Viper and sometimes (not all the time) drink a little more than normal. And then sleep on his sofa until the next day. If I'm at ******* and driving...2 beers and done. ******* and not driving...maybe 3 lol. I'm not a big drinker anyway. Maybe it's coming from 2 lowkey parents, with my dad being in law enforcement for over 30 years and a school teacher mom, but I have common sense and use it. I am very thankful I have such great parents who taught me right from wrong and I've never had to call them to bail me out of jail after I drove drunk and killed an innocent person.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every year at this time a Festive Drink Drive campaign starts here!
Each year they seem to lower the alcohol level that you can be banned for. To be honest its a minefield, gone are the days where you could say Ile have 2 pints and be safe to drive,
Alcohol affects people in different ways, you could have a heavy set guy drink 3 pints, Blow into a Police breathalyzer and pass the test, then you could have another slimmer driver fail the test!

I honestly could not tell you how many units of alcohol are in a pint of beer? Beer strength varies!

Many many Ole country pubs have shut down because the price of alcohol has gone up and people do not want to go out and risk drinking and driving. Its really sad to see so many pubs closing :(

Many people now take the safe option to not drink and drive, but here's the catch. You might do the right thing not driving, going to the office party/ night out club etc, get a cab home then in the morning Drive to work.
Most people in the UK get done for drinking and driving the following morning!

I normally would have One Pint of beer if out in the cars, (or 2 bottles) but no more, its just not worth it.
If caught you end up in a cell, normally minimum of 12 month ban and that conviction stays on your driving licence record for 10 years, which then also affects your yearly insurance premiums, if you can find someone to insure you!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting the article says it was a '94 Viper but the picture is a Gen 3

Thats what I thought funny too! :rolaugh: Like really? You go through the trouble of getting a pic and labeling it but don't pull a Gen 1?

EXACTLY. The US (no) justice system will let him go and he'll be back to drive drunk and this time possibly wipe out innocent people.

Let's see:

"Party animal": no
Single: Yes
Drink: Yes

Maybe it's coming from 2 lowkey parents, with my dad being in law enforcement for over 30 years and a school teacher mom, but I have common sense and use it. I am very thankful I have such great parents who taught me right from wrong and I've never had to call them to bail me out of jail after I drove drunk and killed an innocent person.

Sadly, I am forced to agree with his description of himself. Pretty much bang on.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's coming from 2 lowkey parents, with my dad being in law enforcement for over 30 years and a school teacher mom, but I have common sense and use it. I am very thankful I have such great parents who taught me right from wrong and I've never had to call them to bail me out of jail after I drove drunk and killed an innocent person.

Agreed. These days, some 'parents' are not teaching common sense to their children. In fact, I can tell you that the parents are often times worse than their children when it comes to personal responsibility. Not all of them but a scary number of them. If parents are not instilling good judgement in their children then what hope does society have when these children are adults living in an etitlement society? Nothing will happen to this driver...certainly nothing that's going to have a profound effect on his life to make certain he never does something this stupid again. The opportunity for this **** to learn a lesson passed....when he failed to hit a tree and kill himself.

As for the passenger:
"Orozco, knowing his roommate to be “somewhat spontaneous,” put on his seat belt as Marion pulled the car onto the street, court records say."

Really? Dumb and dumber. I have no sympathy for either one. Yes, let's cut them some slack. That will learn them!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you guys about good parents pointing their kids in a positive direction in life but I feel it mostly applies to teens.
This guy was 28 and at that point I look at it like this...
By that age you better know yourself, avoid your weaknesses, play to your strengths, choose a path in life and man up to be a responsible adult is so desired - period.
At 28 HE should be the one shaping and molding the lives of his own children. jmho

Chad talked about how he would make certain choices to sleep over, etc. - this guy obviously hasn't reached that level yet
Tony mentioned dumb and dumber - I have to agree. My son is 11 and I've already talked with him several times about when he gets older to never get into a car with a buddy that was drinking.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I know here in La. they've gotten really ******* DWI's even on the first offense. I remember back when I was in my 20's & it was sooooooo much more laxed on drinking & driving. I have alot of relatives in Memphis, Tn. & me & 4-5 of my buddies used to load up with an ice chest FULL of Jungle Juice & Swamp Water (I know you guys up north have probably never heard of Swamp Water) & we would head out (its about a 4-5 hr. drive) without a worry in the world, stop a few times to wrestle, throw the frisbee & just cut up. Boy, those really were the good ole' days, but its just a MIRACLE that we didn't have a wreck & hurt us or anyone else or even get a DWI. So, I'm WAY past lucky from those days, now it'd be my luck if I drank a beer or two & would probably get pulled over & get one. Like the Old Saying, LIVE & LEARN (if you're Lucky)! jmo