Two Vipers take 1-2 at Sebring

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The # 53 Viper of Mike Hartley and the # 55 Viper of Lenny Diller took to the sunny skies at Sebring raceway for the SCCA race on Sunday Feb. 23rd and came away with a first and second place finish in the SPO class.
Working on the Toyo tires for its debut in the Speed WCGT series, the # 53 car took class win with team mate Lenny in the # 55 Viper hot on his heels. Seems the Vipers were too much for the competion as the next SPO car was a full minute behind us.
In two weeks the # 53 Viper hits the Sebring track again, making its debut in its first World Challenge event and will be the only Viper among a field of 40 cars, including Porsches, Vettes, Mustangs, NSX's and the Audi's. It should be fun!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh oh. I can start to hear all the penalties and restrictions being added to both cars!!! Great Job. Glad to see Lenny do well also. As I usually saw him scrambling around the paddock with troubles at the Viper Days events.

OP
OP
M

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich,

We are hoping the same also that the extra seat time on the technical part of Sebring may help. The Toyo's as the raced wore on were actually rather good. We had a slight push in the car from the smaller 275 fronts, but working on some shock tuning we think we will have that under control. We are still heading to Sebring somewhat over weight and under power on our stock engine, but should hold our own. By mid season we should have the car really up to power and more weight out.
No matter what we are going to give everyone a run for their money!

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I get it right when you said that the Vipers came 1 and 2 against the factory Corvettes or were you referring to another divison or another type of racing at sebring. are not the Vipers in the GTS class.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad