Ultimate street car update

BANKTHIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unofficial Dyno results. Paulo's Viper pulled 850HP, next was a Supra at 670HP, Skyline was third with 660HP.

Tommorrow, road course, 1/4 mile, 0-60, 60-0 and gross display of HP.

I did not attend today, but I will be there all day tommorrow. More updates to follow.

Barry

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn..200hp more than the next victim....1 down 9 to go.....Good luck on the others Paolo.........Watch out for that Skyline. 660hp awd and a good driver will be a serious contender on the roadcourse. I think its gonna be between Paolo and the Skyline on the roadcourse....Supra will be third.....Skyline gonna be hard to beat in the 1/4 et wise but I think Paolo will beat em there too.....It would be extra sweet if Paolo dropped a 9 sec run on there foreheads enroute to a victory...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the name of that magazine again it'll be in? And when will it be on the stand?

King its the Sport Compact Car mag and if its anything like last year look for it in February/March time next year....

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Paolo night before last and he was so hyped up about the whole event! He should be the poster child for HP junkies.

Good luck Paolo!!

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Paolo is having a great time and doing pretty well in the event. Thanks for the pictures Dave!

Bankthis...are you able to just go and watch the event? We were told no spectators so the Chicago crew didn't head up there :(

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be extra sweet if Paolo dropped a 9 sec run on there foreheads enroute to a victory...

That would be sweet but I don't think he will be running slicks. :( Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think they have to use the same tires for all of the performance events.

Any word on the emissions test?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be extra sweet if Paolo dropped a 9 sec run on there foreheads enroute to a victory...

That would be sweet but I don't think he will be running slicks. :( Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think they have to use the same tires for all of the performance events.

Any word on the emissions test?

Doh...Thats right...Its a true streetcar challenge...Damn..Hes gonna have his hands full with that Skyline for the 0-60 and 1/4mile...At least in the 1/4 he can run it down...Damn..getting off the line with that much to the rw on street tires is gonna be Paolo's biggest fight..

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some pics Dave took getting ready and some pre event tire smoking done for the SCC camera man. Yes the one burnout is the rubber actualy on fire. That's Burnin' Rubber!

http://www.cris.com/~viprdave/uscc/

Which one??? Some of us poor folks are using dial up. :p

Here's a couple to get you started.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Supra belongs to Mani he may give a little competition on the road course also. He can drive.

Juanmotime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I heard the subjective ratings were a bit "Subjective" and that the Supra and Skyline were getting big points at the Car show and Guru Panel. Call it an equalizer, call it bias, but like any competition there can be some bias toward or against any competitor. It is an import magazine and one year a stock 360 Modena wins, then a Viper the next. They will favor an import, like a viper guy wouldn't appreciate a nice Lingenfelter Corvette. People like what they like. They could be trying to keep it close, like a Florida election.

I heard the fuel economy went VERY well and he mustered far more than you would have expected, thank god for gravity...

The emissions went very well seeing that the thing knocked off 850 RWHP, through stock viper cats!!! Sure they choke some power, but the clean tailpipe meant points too, he didn't need those extra 37HP anyway ;-) I helped him fine tune his fuel maps under light load and idle to help with both emmisions and fuel economy and it looks as though it worked... When he gets back I think we'll need to try for that 900HP number too.

They'll be trying to rip off some high 10's on Hoosier Autocross tires at the dragstrip. He's running those since they are only gonna get 5 laps on the road coarse which would just get the track tires up to temp near the end.

It may lose 0-60 to the Skyline, but he'll run him down at the big end.

Now we'll need to see if even that crazy **** can get that damn thing around the track with all that power.

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Juanmotime.. havn't heard from paolo yet but it sounds like things are going well. Is that fire i see on the ground in the burnout picture?? Also, is it confirmed that he can't run the ET STreets for the drag event?

See ya around town..

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Supra belong's to Mani he may give a little competition on the road course also. He can drive.

You are right bout Mani and his driving skill's...But it's hard to argue with last years result's...The second place Skyline that "barely" beat Mani on the RC was supposedly close to stock...Skyline's are potent in stock form around a track but I didn't think mildly tuned one could beat Mani's tricked out Supra...Don't know Mani personally but would love to see him get a good run if he's in it this time around. Expecially with all the time and effort he's put in...Been following his and Andi's exploit's on the Supraforum's for a few year's now. Those are probably the top two Supra pilot's out there...

This years Skyline along with the Viper are alot more deadly that last years entrants...The only thing I see gonna beat that Skyline is the Viper....This of course is speculation..I cant wait for the result's..Even if Paolo doesn't come away with the title for whatever reason, I want him to win 2 event's outright...The 1/4 of course but more importantly to me the roadcorse...The other tests are pretty much subjective...Those two are undisputed...

The real question is.....Can anyone beat PMUM's time from last year????Im assuming its the same track...

Juanmotime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John - He can only run 1 tire through the event, with them putting on crap tires for the Gross Display of HP. Slicks would be great, but only for those who had them. He's on Hoosiers, which should still land him a high 10, low 11 1/4 mile and possibly some high 3, low 4 second 0-60's I believe Nick has Run 11.1 @ 127 MPH It WILL be close. And NEVER underestimate the enemy!

As far as anyone beating PMUM's time from last year, NOT likely. Well unless he pulls up and offers to drive Paolos car! He ran away with that portion last year, and clinched the win with it. I still don't see the Skyline or the Supra getting that power to the ground on such cute little tires this year. The Viper has ALWAYS had the advantage in both power and contact patch. The layout has some decent size straights which should favor the 200HP advantage Paolo has over anyone else.

But for now we wait..........

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21