Unbelievable News for our Northeast Members!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Raceway Park, in Englishtown NJ, is building a road course!!!!

Although not a Pocono, or Glen, it will have a 40 foot wide LIGHTED track surface, with a 1 1/8 mile length. SCCA designed with safety in mind. Over 35 acres allocated! Slight banking but no "bowl". Gravel/grass runoffs. Pit area will eventually have enclosed garages. Not a "shared" facility, this entity will not share parking, or asphalt with the drag strip.

Weekday tracktime reserved ONLY to members (with a very modest $250/year fee), and approx $125.00 per session - each session (4 p.m. - 10 p.m.). Weekend tracktime still being discussed, but more than likely will be reserved for special events and "open track time".

Of course, special events will be accomodated (can you say VCA!).

Stay tuned for more details, and please, all that are interested in memberships, please e-mail me and I'll keep you informed as the groundbreaking commences!

OUTRAGEOUS!!!! Thanks Michael Napp for keeping "the vision"!

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
They've got township, and state approval already...so the hard part is done! They're clearing the area as we speak.... asphalt and concrete next!

Oh, and by the way, althought they could run "un-muffled" they will request that all car stay within a 90db muffled range.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the news Joe, that's music to my ears. Hearing that it's SCCA designed for safety sounds like it will be a welcomming track for novice Solo guys like me - perhaps a track I could feel comfortable really learning on. Great news, thanks.

Dave.

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'll get it done. There's a major difference here, Englishtown is in New Jersey and fortunately not Pennsylvania.... the commonwealth of good intention, but poor execution and alot of red tape and hoop jumping.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
.......althought they could run "un-muffled" they will request that all car stay within a 90db muffled range
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, I am indeed jealous.

But 90 db is pretty low for SCCA events. And low for many header + 3" equipped Vipers! When the sound police set the regs, do your best to get a 94db+ daytime limit. Or, a "variance" range that for specific dates / times / events can go to 100. ie "On June 8, no race motors running before 9a or after 6p," etc.

OP
OP
Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jon,

I might be off with the db's. The "official" comment was "muffled cars" only at this point. I had done some work with Mike in the past with db testing, and I thought that was the number he was shooting for in the test...but not necessarilly what he will want for the track. Hopefully, a bit more will be fine. I think he wants to avoid "wide open" headers.