Unbelievable version of VW commercial!!

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the wedding singer with my family just now and the vw commercial comes on, thinking we're going to hear "compensating for my short comings" again. But no, the words are new for the Viper guy. You have to listen to it to believe it. I've never heard this version before, he says "because mine is only about yeah big" he says with his thumb and index finder showing about an inch.

So there I am explaining adult humor to a 12 year old. Dad, why does he say that? If you havn't heard this go to the link, play the lower video and listen, I thought I heard incorrectly at first...but no. My wife and I were dumbfounded that they took it this far, very funny, ha, ha, ha. Actually, now it really ****** me off.

At this point I can honestly say they pissed me off and I would not own a VW, not that I'm their target market. A year ago I wouldn't have said this.

adwatch, vw ad

You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had heard about this version but saw it for the 1st time today as well. I agree with you. This one goes over the line! I cant believe the FCC allowed it. Janet Jackson cant show an accidental boob, but we can make jokes about Viper owner's penises?!?! I think I'll drop the FCC and VW an email. Neither are going to be nice

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go to FCC.gov and report it, they may recieve a fine. The more people that report, the better the odd's for the big $$ fines!

danahs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what does the Toureg driver bark over the bullhorn?

"I couldn't afford a Cayenne"

"My ****** is smaller than the Viper guy's"

"I'm a victim of cynical corporate marketing"

"I want my Jeep Cherokee back"
= LOL

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just listened to it, and it was the exact same old commercial....perhaps they changed it?

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it doesn't apply why get upset over the commercial.I think it's funny and clever and it's doing the brand awareness thing because you guys are talking about it.Furthermore if the guy was sitting in a Vette the entire VCA board would be all over it. Chill and enjoy. C.B.

OP
OP
K

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the commercial to be very funny. I'm just glad that I don't drive a Yellow Viper !!

(However, when I bought my car, I was surprised, and a bit annoyed, to find out how many people are amateur psychiatrists.)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder who's got a better shot at a babe inlarging his ******? A guy driving a Viper or a Passat?

The Passats the regular guy look.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's funny. Not witty for the reasons some may think, but funny that manufacturers of low-end cars use the "class envy" tactic to sell econo cars. As if most people wouldn't better their lives if they could.

"Letsee. I have enough $$$ to buy a Viper/Mercedes/Ferrari/etc. or a Volkswagon. Hmmm."

It's also a bit sad.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's funny. Not witty for the reasons some may think, but funny that manufacturers of low-end cars use the "class envy" tactic to sell econo cars. As if most people wouldn't better their lives if they could.

"Letsee. I have enough $$$ to buy a Viper/Mercedes/Ferrari/etc. or a Volkswagon. Hmmm."

It's also a bit sad.

They've been trying to get out of the econocar stereotype for YEARS, hence the Toureg and the Phaeton ($100k FLOP). Hmmm... VW Phaeton or a BMW M5... decisions, decisions.

Looks like Hyundai will be adding a stretch limo to their fleet too. :rolleyes:

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If VW thinks people buy yellow GTS's to compensate for their small members, then I would hate to see how VW thinks of the people who buy Final Edition GTS's---which are unanimously known as the best and most exotic Viper ever to be produced. I hate to think about it, but I would suppose it would probably be something along the lines of "because I have a ******."

:shocked:

Maybe I should get rid of my FE and get a Passat. On second thought, I wouldn't have much use for a Rubbermaid-ladened, Neanderthal designed, pieced-together rental car shitbox so I think I will keep my snake.

:usa:

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the commerical a few weeks ago, had a good laugh.

When you really analyze this it is a very POOR advertising campaign. How is it that you try to sell your car by basically show cars that far exceed VW's and basically saying if you do not "desire" a nice car, then our car is for you!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it's Genius right on Q.

How else could you get people to buy an Fugly
car with a stupid name!

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought the first commercial was amusing, easy humor for the "Envious". The second version is, I think, an insult to the audience: You did not get "Shortcoming" so let me explain...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, you don't see any VW FIA champions, or LeMans class champs. Come to think of it, I don't think there are any championships for VW, are there?

Wimps....