Underground Racing Supercharged Viper vs. Virtual Works Supra

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Takes place in Mexico. :laugh:

The redemption video is here, another video from the Supra will be posted soon.

The first race I lost to the Supra by 3-4 car lengths. I spun through 3rd and part of 4th from a 70mph roll. He never pulled away, but I was never able to chase him down and close the gap.

Since the last race I have lowered the car via Aldan shocks/springs, put on SSR's with drag radials, and had it four corner balanced and aligned. He has added a new intake and I believe changed cams(?), not sure on the cams, but overheard that from someone. I make 770rwhp/730rwtq, he makes 650rwhp(although I heard that may be low?) last I heard, and that was before the changes he made.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/978d1ef8-53e2-4f37-b040-985c015ea173.htm

This race we again went from 70mph. We both hooked great with no spin and both made our shifts, etc. The chase car filming is a LS2 GTO(owned by LoBoost on the GTO forums) with the APS TT kit making north of 600rwhp. The bike you see in the video is a Kawasaki, not sure what model. I let off about 200ft or so before the bridge when I hit 180mph, which was confirmed by the Kawasaki who hit 181mph on his electronic speedometer.

Big thanks go out to Underground Racing for building an awesome car! Brady I bet you wish you had this car back. This car is a monster and its barely being worked on the 8lb pulley.

And bigger thanks go out to Garth, Danny(Supra owner) and Mikey at Leading Edge Performance for setting the car up since I got it. When I got this car back in July, it was a handful to drive on stock pilots. Every rollon I did resulted in massive tire spin from any mph except when I lugged it. Now, it is a 10000% better car!! With the changes that Leading Edge has done and the tune they put in, the car is a breeze to drive now. I could have let go of the steering wheel at 180mph and the car would track straight, I can mash the gas in 3rd/4th/5th with no more spin or the rear end whipping out to the side.

Props to Garth for taking me out yesterday and running me through a couple runs and giving me some pointers on my driving. This car is by far the most powerful car I have ever owned or dreamed of owning and was starting to scare the crap out of me with the way it was driving.

Thanks to Danny for the rematch. You are a great competitor and good sport about everything. Although a little birdie told me upgrades are already being planned/on order for round 3. Hopefully you can get those done before I leave for So Cal. You have 2 more Sundays before the Viper hits the road to So Cal. to hunt other Supras.

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not nervous at all really. Just try and not miss any shifts and keep the wheel straight. This car is unbelievable to drive, anyone could drive this car at speed in it's current form, even me. :laugh:

That GTO is titz! A very good sleeper car. No one would ever suspect it being that fast until its too late.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
That is sick!! awesome race and amazing car!! I've owned a Supra before, I know how fast they can be. Your Viper is obviously a missile!

BTW, I didn't know they a "Vegas Blvd" down in Mexico... LOL...

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is sick!! awesome race and amazing car!! I've owned a Supra before, I know how fast they can be. Your Viper is obviously a missile!

BTW, I didn't know they a "Vegas Blvd" down in Mexico... LOL...

Thanks!!!

Yeah they have a whole Vegas theme going on in Mexico City. :laugh:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Right on down to a Charleston Blvd exit. I remember that road when heading out to Red Rock Canyon back in Feb.

I'll be at the Bellagio for 8 nights starting next Thursday. Save me some nice weather and no rain. Renting an SRT-10, a Lotus Elise and a mystery car (wife is surprising me).

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That was nice! My 1st question too however was what the heck was the chase car? That is a strong GTO sleeper.

Jeff- have fun in Vegas. You should have been out there a few weeks ago with all of us! Hope to see you soon.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's fun going from a high roll with these supercharged cars. Not much out there that can keep up.

Looks like your top was down. I haven't gone 180 with thet top down, yet. Must have been very breezy.

Glad to see that your fuel system issues have been solved.

Dan

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its not breezy at all, not that I am paying attention though either. :laugh: The fuel is temporiarly fixed due to the colder weather. My issue was strictly heat related. Anything over 95 degrees or so outside and the pump didn't like it. The pump will be changed out though as soon as Leading Edge Performance gets their system ready to go. They made a couple changes to it, otherwise it would have been installed last week. Its in the shop right now getting the shocks readjusted and the exhaust system is getting welded, as my pass. pipe keeps moving backwards. They are also doing a compression check and changing plugs as I wanted them to make sure the engine was running in tip top shape before I put the nitrous system on it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OP
OP
N

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another run down south of the border. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9IGr-kvyIY

Same cars, same result and he added 4-5psi of boost. I pulled him by a few more cars than last time and hit 190mph at the end.

Damn he upped the boost and you beat him worse than last time???What did you change :) Pulley, Nitrous??

I didn't change nothing. :laugh: I have been leaving a little on the table not running up to redline. This time I ran up to redline when shifting and ran the full distance to the bridge, whereas last time I let off before the end.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another run down south of the border. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9IGr-kvyIY

Same cars, same result and he added 4-5psi of boost. I pulled him by a few more cars than last time and hit 190mph at the end.

Damn he upped the boost and you beat him worse than last time???What did you change :) Pulley, Nitrous??

I didn't change nothing. :laugh: I have been leaving a little on the table not running up to redline. This time I ran up to redline when shifting and ran the full distance to the bridge, whereas last time I let off before the end.

Sneaky **** lol....nice...the look on his face must have been priceless...