Unique Acr hood?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hurd it was going to have a tractor stack in the middle of the rear deck

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor Trends article on the new Viper TA. I think we've already seen it and that it's hiding in plain sight. ANy guesses? :D

I read that article and saw the video several times. I must have missed any mention of the forthcoming ACR or a unique hood.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IIRC, ralph made a statement around the release that each model would have a unique hood to separate itself from others.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more then positive that the GEN V ACR is gonna be a street legal version of the GTS-R. I have no doubt. From the hood, to the wings and dive planes, right down to the paint scheme. And who knows...maybe SRT will change things up and call it GTS-R Street instead of the ACR. Mind you this is all PURELY SPECULATION and NOT FACT but I believe this is whats gonna happen. It's all right there in front of us. Short development time as they are racing two GTS-R's right now. With a little bit of work i'm sure they can transfer the learned data to the street car. Lets just wait and watch....:)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more then positive that the GEN V ACR is gonna be a street legal version of the GTS-R. I have no doubt. From the hood, to the wings and dive planes, right down to the paint scheme. And who knows...maybe SRT will change things up and call it GTS-R Street instead of the ACR. Mind you this is all PURELY SPECULATION and NOT FACT but I believe this is whats gonna happen. It's all right there in front of us. Short development time as they are racing two GTS-R's right now. With a little bit of work i'm sure they can transfer the learned data to the street car. Lets just wait and watch....:)

Yeah, if I was to take a guess, I would say bang on. :)

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Especially since they're releasing the ACR/GTS-R for Homologation reasons.... wouldn't be the first time they used the GTS-R moniker
:{)

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR will have GTSR cues, but I don't believe it will be a street legal version. Also I feel they will use a different hood that the GTSR hood to further differentiate the GTS and ACR, Since the GTS hood is a toned down GTSR hood.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR will have GTSR cues, but I don't believe it will be a street legal version. Also I feel they will use a different hood that the GTSR hood to further differentiate the GTS and ACR, Since the GTS hood is a toned down GTSR hood.

I wouldn't call the GTS hood a toned down version of the GTS-R hood. Have you seen the vents in it. HUGE compared to the GTS hood.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Ralphs words years ago about "wild and radical" or something to that effect for the next ACR and that would definitely fit with a GTSR for the street. Id wish for a widened body for the ACR a la GTSR. Take a look at the below quote. Its quite in keeping with Ralphs words several years ago.

"According to official press releases of the company, the novelty will receive more extreme aerodynamic body kit with large front and rear spoilers. We can also expect a reduction in clearance and an improved appearance of the sports suspension. In addition the next generation of Dodge Viper ACR will be equipped with the high-performance brakes, tires Pirelli, like fuso, and increased light-weight structure.
An interesting fact is that at the moment no final decision on the capacity of the new ACR has been made. Ralph Gilles, CEO of SRT, said earlier that the power to weight ratio of Viper should not be more than that of Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. There are also rumors that under the hood of future innovation will be the 8.4-liter V10, producing more horses than the 6.2-liter V12 F12 Berlinetta, which, recall, produces 737 hp."

I dont know if this was posted yet as it is a month old but here is the source link for the quote above: http://dodgego.com/models/first-details-about-dodge-viper-acr.html

They cite official press release of the company on this one but its the first Ive read of this info. Maybe I missed a post or thread on it as Im sure someone had to have heard of this before.

Last edited: