Untitled 1999 ACR w/full factory warranty

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I happened to stop by the local Dodge dealer tonight to look for a new daily driver and in the showroom was a 1999 Black ACR with silver stripes. I asked the salesman about it and he told me that it is an unsold 1999 ACR that the owner of the dealership kept at his home.

The car has 3,000 miles on it, but it has never been titled, so it has the full factory 3/36 warranty because it is considered to be a new car.

What is a car like this worth?

I took a photo with my camera phone...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to guess that he wants anywhere between 60 and 70 for it. What dealer and what was he asking? I wonder how many more GTS's there are like this tucked away in people's garages or dealer showrooms. I just posted a thread about this earlier today.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol 3k, he wasnt really keeping it packed away now... There are guys on here with less miles, heck there was a 95 for sale on here wiht 5k miles and its 4 years older!

Still, is it really cool? Certainly is. I'd be all over it like a cheap suit if it was really a no miles ACR...

Love it.

Jon

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, thats neat. Best viper out there IMO (black/silver, forged pistons, ACR). My car has less miles tho hehe (2700). It is the lowest that I have found for the color combo. Wonder what they want..? tell them you know a guy that paid 46k for one with less miles 2 months ago (had 2100 miles then).

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, thats neat. Best viper out there IMO (black/silver, forged pistons, ACR). My car has less miles tho hehe (2700). It is the lowest that I have found for the color combo. Wonder what they want..? tell them you know a guy that paid 46k for one with less miles 2 months ago (had 2100 miles then).

Deals like yours are far and few apart. I think if I found the deal you did I would have to go in debt for it and worry about selling the Z06 later.

I almost bought a black/silver 99 ACR for 52 before I found my car but the guy never changed the oil since the car was new. :omg: Deal fell through since the guy would not allow me to have a mechanic look at the car. :nono: I do agree, black is one of the nicest colors right below Sapphire. ;) :lmao:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so 06blueviper, you are in Plantation, FL? i ask because the photos on your website were all taken in Plantation FL. I agree it is unreal that car has been kept without being sold all these years. Wonder where the 3k miles came from? Loaner car? :) :)

BTW, I think the car agentf1 is talking about is the one I bought? the guy must have got desperate cuz he let me take it to strongsville dodge in strongsville OH (near Cincy) before purchasing, if it's the same one. guessing it probaby is. Worked out fine for me (car turned out perfect- lucky for me after what happened to my first one I was due I guess)

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would treat that car like any other 3,000 mile Viper. Could be perfect could be roached. Your name hits the title first and it has a decent warranty. Other than that it is a "used" car.

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so 06blueviper, you are in Plantation, FL? i ask because the photos on your website were all taken in Plantation FL. I agree it is unreal that car has been kept without being sold all these years. Wonder where the 3k miles came from? Loaner car? :) :)

Nope, I'm in Orlando. Those photos on my site Photos were all taken at the annual Celebration Exotic Car Festival in Celebration, FL.

The untitled ACR is at Bob Dance Dodge in Longwood, FL. The salesman said they are asking $65K

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that seems high but the mileage and the fact that the buyer gets warranty + first owner is worth something. 65? maybe, maybe not. makes me glad I got mine for 46 tho. If I didn't buy this one I sure would be interested. are you looking at buying? Or just curious as to value?

OP
OP

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that seems high but the mileage and the fact that the buyer gets warranty + first owner is worth something. 65? maybe, maybe not. makes me glad I got mine for 46 tho. If I didn't buy this one I sure would be interested. are you looking at buying? Or just curious as to value?

I thought briefly about trading my 2006 SRT-10 in for it, but I probably won't. Might stop by to take one more look at it tomorrow. I'm sure it won't last long.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I bought my ACR, the original owner that I bought it from said there was a story that went with the car.. turns out that the dealership that had it got 2 black/silver ACRs, they wanted to keep both.. the dealership was run by two brothers and they both wanted one. Anyway Dodge found out and made them sell one of them, which was bought by the guy who I got it from. Wonder if the one you found is the other? Does make you wonder.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTW, I think the car agentf1 is talking about is the one I bought? the guy must have got desperate cuz he let me take it to strongsville dodge in strongsville OH (near Cincy) before purchasing, if it's the same one. guessing it probaby is. Worked out fine for me (car turned out perfect- lucky for me after what happened to my first one I was due I guess)
Did the guy own a machine shop and was a real *****? Did it have a piece of velcro on the dash from his phone? If so it is the car. I suspected it was a nice car but was not going to take a chance without getting it looked at. Yes, he was trying to sell it for a while and kept loosing sales due to his personality. I talked to a guy named Nick from greatoldcars.com that was trying to help him sell it for a while. Good luck with it. :2tu:

He even put it on ebay for 57 after I told him to go screw himself. I never dealt with somebody more difficult in my life.

If it is that car it still had the seatbelt and frame recalls outstanding. Make sure you get them taken care of.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the guy own a machine shop and was a real *****? Did it have a piece of velcro on the dash from his phone? If so it is the car. I suspected it was a nice car but was not going to take a chance without getting it looked at. Yes, he was trying to sell it for a while and kept loosing sales due to his personality. I talked to a guy named Nick from greatoldcars.com that was trying to help him sell it for a while. Good luck with it. :2tu:

He even put it on ebay for 57 after I told him to go screw himself. I never dealt with somebody more difficult in my life.

If it is that car it still had the seatbelt and frame recalls outstanding. Make sure you get them taken care of.

Yep! same car. He was a real ****, I couldn't believe it. Even just getting directions to his place was a challenge :omg: He was a pain in the @ss to deal with, and I had to negotiate with him for 20 min to get it down to 46. I only found him because I went through the eBay completed listings and saw his auction that closed with a 57 min bid (unsold of course). I think he was just desperate to sell when I came along and only went down because of it.

He had a lot of different vehicles (old fire engine, dump truck, Ferrari F40, etc) but was real abrasive and rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning. The car looked real, real nice tho and the Dodge Dealer got it on a rack and inspected all fluids and said it was cherry. Oh well he lost probably at least 5 or 6 grand because of his difficult nature. Probably chump change to him tho.

The car did have the recalls still outstanding and I am going to have them done tomorrow. One thing he did do was leave the purchase price blank which saved me a buttload on taxes.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep! same car. He was a real ****, I couldn't believe it. Even just getting directions to his place was a challenge :omg: He was a pain in the @ss to deal with, and I had to negotiate with him for 20 min to get it down to 46. I only found him because I went through the eBay completed listings and saw his auction that closed with a 57 min bid (unsold of course). I think he was just desperate to sell when I came along and only went down because of it.

He had a lot of different vehicles (old fire engine, dump truck, Ferrari F40, etc) but was real abrasive and rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning. The car looked real, real nice tho and the Dodge Dealer got it on a rack and inspected all fluids and said it was cherry. Oh well he lost probably at least 5 or 6 grand because of his difficult nature. Probably chump change to him tho.

The car did have the recalls still outstanding and I am going to have them done tomorrow. One thing he did do was leave the purchase price blank which saved me a buttload on taxes.
Yep, thats him. You have no idea how good it makes me feel knowing it went cheap. Serves him right. :lmao: Good for you.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is worth the same as any other low miles 99 ACR, plus a couple of thousand for the warranty, nothing more (i.e., its like buying a 3 year extended warranty on any other used low-mileage Viper).