Upcoming Motor Trend Article on the 2013

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice the article states that SRT swapped out the OLD 3.55 for the NEW 3.07 rear end gear set? I also noticed the comment about the Fiat designer not liking the seats SRT had put in the car, guess it wasn't up to Euro trash standards......

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure on this one, may have to see it in person. Really looks like the old gts from the back.

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they have the gear number backward, current 3.07 , new 3.55.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article also says "...The GTS, aimed at winning over Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini (but not Ferrari) buyers, goes all out..." My fear is the Viper will be playing second fiddle to Ferrari cars from now on. Would Fiat allow one of their $100+/- cars be faster than say a 458 Italia costing 2 1/2 to 3 times as much? Would they tell SRT not to take the Viper back to the 'Ring and show lap times faster than those of the new F70, F12, etc. etc.?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The article also says "...The GTS, aimed at winning over Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini (but not Ferrari) buyers, goes all out..." My fear is the Viper will be playing second fiddle to Ferrari cars from now on. Would Fiat allow one of their $100+/- cars be faster than say a 458 Italia costing 2 1/2 to 3 times as much? Would they tell SRT not to take the Viper back to the 'Ring and show lap times faster than those of the new F70, F12, etc. etc.?

It's too late for them. Ferrari still needs a stock production street car that can lap faster then the 08 ACR, never mind the 10 or whatever the Gen V might be capable of:)

As a matter of fact, that 1.5+ million dollar unobtainable test 599 *** only has 4 seconds on an ACR-X time set by Kuno with his whopping 3 days of N ring track experience.

Last edited:

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I missed something, I thought this would have generated alot more interest. Was there a larger unveiling I missed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang