Update:08 Front Crank Seal

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got my car back on June 30th,with the crank seal replaced.I ended up at an alternate dealership,than in my initial post.This is my latest experience.
I was told,at first that the seal had come in and then told that there was something missing from it that they had to acquire from another dealer.Later,they told me that they had lent their tools to this other service dept and had to go get them back.They also told me they had locked my keys in my car by accident and therefore had cut me an alternate. A little strange but I did not say anything.
When I picked up my car I noticed on the driver's side sill there were a bunch of abrasions.I almost lost it on the service manager.Then when I went to wash my car the other day I found they had put a huge crack in the black plastic trim running along the side sill on the passenger's side and they put a rash on my passenger's side front wheel.I went back yesterday morning to show them and ask *** happened.The service manager was not in though so I told the service guy at the desk to present my issues to him on Monday.
This whole fiasco is insane.
I want to sincerely thank Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse for going above and beyond in trying to help me.Thank you also to Venomiss for her communication.

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, they drove your car and damaged it?

It seems this **** happens way too often.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I picked up my car I noticed on the driver's side sill there were a bunch of abrasions.I almost lost it on the service manager.Then when I went to wash my car the other day I found they had put a huge crack in the black plastic trim running along the side sill on the passenger's side and they put a rash on my passenger's side front wheel.

Please post pictures of the exact damage so we can try and reconstruct exactly what happened to your car, and perhaps tell you other places to look for damage. The above post SCREAMS "dealership cover-up" of some type of incident or stupidity.

OP
OP

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am quite sure the abrasions were caused by a vaccuum hose being dragged/rubbed against it.I told them not to wash my car but they could vaccuum it.I clay barred the area and cleaned it to remove residual rubber(?)left on the area.It faded the scratches but I could not totally get rid of them.I will try to post pictures.

Reaction score
The wheel rash is probably from them pulling the Viper into the "rack" when they worked on it. (it happens) not with us, but it does happen.