Update- I Still Plan 10.99 Or Lower With 2008 Stock Coupe

c6z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, Z06's now come with drag radials stock! And please tell all the other information like a negative altitude factor. He is good no doubt. But that is not what real people get at real tracks on real days. Or would you like to put some money on getting a sub 11 second time here on a real track. Pure stock like it came from the factory?

Yes, there is no arguing the conditions were good. But the time was still very impressive. The entire car is bone stock but it did have drag radials. So what :dunno: It ran 10.85 @ 129.5 ALL STOCK MOTOR AND TRANS.

Now WANTED is an awesome driver and I wish him best of luck!!

Last edited:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That isn't stock.

Yes, there is no arguing the conditions were good. But the time was still very impressive. The entire car is bone stock but it did have drag radials. So what :dunno: It ran 10.85 @ 129.5 ALL STOCK MOTOR AND TRANS.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Come to grips son. The x0cheby is yesterday's news. Have fun with your car. And be sure to get your tune,pull your fuse,duct tape your roof,shift your fragile clutch slowly. Your are going to need it when our 08'***** the road!!!!!!:drive:

c6z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come to grips son. The x0cheby is yesterday's news. Have fun with your car. And be sure to get your tune,pull your fuse,duct tape your roof,shift your fragile clutch slowly. Your are going to need it when our 08'***** the road!!!!!!:drive:

Good one! :lmao:

That is why I am in line for the 09' SS Vette. ;) :drive:

Back to the orignal post, I look forward to seeing WANTED break into the 10's as I have no doubt he will be able to do it. I had the fortune of seeing him drive in person and he is a very classy guy that happens to be a great driver. The biggest problem he is going to have is getting kicked off the MD tracks because of the 11.5 roll cage rule...it *****.

Last edited:

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definitely not stock once you add something to the car. The minute you add or change anything it quits being stock. Ranger's fastest stock is 11.22 secs @ 127.16 mph.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugatti - 10.8 @ 140mph
Enzo - 11.1 @ 133mph
McLaren - 11.1 @ 135mph
Koenigsegg CCX - 9.9 @ 146mph
Saleen S7 - 10.7 @ 136mph (10.5 @ 145mph according to Saleen)
I think some domestic test got 10.4 with the Veyron.
I don't believe that time for the McLaren F1 or the Konegsegg CCX, or for that matter the E55.

The trick is that unless a big American auto magazine does the testing, AND makes sure that the cars are actually stock (no race gas, no drag radials or R-Comp tires, and no other tweaking) then the subsequent numbers are in question.
Especially when they differ a LOT from all other professional test numbers for a given car.

The CCX was tested and got 11.0@134MPG, and the Amerispec F1 got 11.6 at a similar MPH. Sure those test numbers are on the high side of average, but gaining a full second and 7-8MPH in the quarter mile is NOT realistic.

It's FAR more likely that the cars were specially prepped for track testing.
The trick is that some people firmly believe that unless the engine block has been altered, a car can somehow still be considered "stock" even with extensive mods, race gas and drag radials. :rolleyes:

Ranger is an excellent driver, and he did pull off a 11.22@127 with a stock C6 Z06 on factory tires.
But he does use powershifting, and I'm not sure if there is any other car prep done like removing weight, air filters, lowering air pressure in the tires, etc.. But it's still impressive, if not quite 10s.

I suspect that the E55 was tweaked and likely also had drag radials.
With supercharged or turbocharged cars is so easy to tweak them with no indentifiably visible signs to the casual observer.

It's a fairly good indication of the '08 Viper's potential to look at other 600HP+ high performance cars. The Ferrari 599 pulled off a 11.2@129MPH, The Porshe CGT managed 11.2, Lamborghini LP640 got 11.4, and the SLR managed 11.5. The Lambo and SLR are much heavier, but the Lambo has AWD which helps with standing start acceleration.

I figure that with the new factory drivetrain mods, grippier tires and power boost the '08 Viper should manage 11.6@130MPH from the most conservative tests like Road & Track, and I'm expecting something 11.4@131MPH from Car & Driver.
So squeezing an extra 2-4 tenths by a skilled drag racer under perfect conditions is entirely possible.

The the true value of the new Viper's performance is NOT going to be found in a magazine's 1/4 mile specs. It's found behind the car's steering wheel, because the Viper is a balanced performance car, not just a one-dimensional drag racer.

Still, having someone officially pull off a 10.99 in the new car might get people to take the Viper more seriously. :D
Especially for those people on the internet who are soley obsessed with specs. ;)

Last edited:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If the New 08 traps 130's it will be faster then a 11.6
I ran a 11.7 at 124mph and pulled a 11.6 at 120 mph on a warmer day. So to hit 130's should put it very, very low 11's if not 10.999
Hopefully we will all see soon. Maybe we can get someone to use the same track Ranger did. I heard its set up for good times due to track prep and altitude.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As mentioned the McLaren SLR with 620HP managed 11.5@127MPH, but weighed more than the '08 Viper, and the lighter 605HP, Porsche CGT managed an 11.2@133MPH (on it's PS2 tires), and the Enzo with 650HP got 11.0@134MPH.

I do believe that with the added power and grip of the '08 the auto mags will get low 11s, and best private drag racers will be able to edge the factory stock '08 Viper into very high 10s.:2tu:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some domestic test got 10.4 with the Veyron.
I don't believe that time for the McLaren F1 or the Konegsegg CCX, or for that matter the E55.

The trick is that unless a big American auto magazine does the testing, AND makes sure that the cars are actually stock (no race gas, no drag radials or R-Comp tires, and no other tweaking) then the subsequent numbers are in question.
Especially when they differ a LOT from all other professional test numbers for a given car.

The CCX was tested and got 11.0@134MPG, and the Amerispec F1 got 11.6 at a similar MPH. Sure those test numbers are on the high side of average, but gaining a full second and 7-8MPH in the quarter mile is NOT realistic.

It's FAR more likely that the cars were specially prepped for track testing.
The trick is that some people firmly believe that unless the engine block has been altered, a car can somehow still be considered "stock" even with extensive mods, race gas and drag radials. :rolleyes:

Ranger is an excellent driver, and he did pull off a 11.22@127 with a stock C6 Z06 on factory tires.
But he does use powershifting, and I'm not sure if there is any other car prep done like removing weight, air filters, lowering air pressure in the tires, etc.. But it's still impressive, if not quite 10s.

I suspect that the E55 was tweaked and likely also had drag radials.
With supercharged or turbocharged cars is so easy to tweak them with no indentifiably visible signs to the casual observer.

It's a fairly good indication of the '08 Viper's potential to look at other 600HP+ high performance cars. The Ferrari 599 pulled off a 11.2@129MPH, The Porshe CGT managed 11.2, Lamborghini LP640 got 11.4, and the SLR managed 11.5. The Lambo and SLR are much heavier, but the Lambo has AWD which helps with standing start acceleration.

I figure that with the new factory drivetrain mods, grippier tires and power boost the '08 Viper should manage 11.6@130MPH from the most conservative tests like Road & Track, and I'm expecting something 11.4@131MPH from Car & Driver.
So squeezing an extra 2-4 tenths by a skilled drag racer under perfect conditions is entirely possible.

The the true value of the new Viper's performance is NOT going to be found in a magazine's 1/4 mile specs. It's found behind the car's steering wheel, because the Viper is a balanced performance car, not just a one-dimensional drag racer.

Still, having someone officially pull off a 10.99 in the new car might get people to take the Viper more seriously. :D
Especially for those people on the internet who are soley obsessed with specs. ;)

Snakester what you are not realizing about the Mclaren F1 is that there are two versions...The real Euiro version and the Ameritech version that was spaded and neutered to make it pass US standards...I remember reading the car weighed around 3000lbs with all the added ish it needed to pass....The Euro version was clocked at 10.6 @ 141mph...I cant find the site with the info but it was tested and was much faster then the version we got.....Think about it...How can a 2500lb, 627hp trap 11's at 125mph????Only reason R&T got those numbers is because of all the crap weight and emmissions ish that killed the car for our market....Even Dario, Ferraris test driver ran an Mclaren F1[Euro version] against the Enzo on Ferraris track and it did 10's if memory serves and ran away from the Enzo....

Heres another independent test with the Mclaren running 11.1 @ 138mph...As you see its significantly faster then the Ameritech version though this time aint the fastest its gone...
http://www.modernracer.com/features/worldsfastestcars4.html

Two vids of it vs the Enzo...Notice the lead it has...Its a good bit faster then the Enzo's 133-136mph its run in tests....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=31449897867162551

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6251852292374788876

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE TIME IS SOON APPROACHING,
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE
FIRST 2008 TO BE
RELEASED.

THE NEW VIPER WILL
EASILY DO 10.99 OR
LOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :eater:

Clay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Yes, first post, long time lurker, hello everyone :beer:)

You guys are forgetting your mopar roots.....

Super Stock Hemi Darts....... ran 10s......... bone stock.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have this covered wanted, just drive it like you did the RT or harder. :D I'm sure you'll hit some 10's in the 08 for sure. And easy mid 10's with the same mods done to the RT as with the 08. :drive:

murfman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SS Darts and Cudas are a bit of a misnomer, as they were a Race car that was 90% completed when sold. That would be like a Viper Comp coupe today. Are there any 1/4 mile times for a Comp Coupe? My stand for the fastest Mopar would be a 64 StageIII Max wedge or 64 Hemi car, as they were available to anyone, and were street legal as purchased. The 65 Hemis were race only, like the 68s.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely not stock once you add something to the car. The minute you add or change anything it quits being stock. Ranger's fastest stock is 11.22 secs @ 127.16 mph.

So he better not lower the tire pressure either!

WANTED, you better run it like it is straight out of the showroom, manufacturer suggested tire pressures and all! :smirk:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96